Black Miller Keg thing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spazmcnasty

Reaction score
I recently got a black plastic covered Miller Keg and I'm thinking about getting into all-grain brewing. Would I be able to use the keg for anything in the all-grain process? If so, for what and how..any info would be awesome! :)

I made one into a mash tun. Used it for the first time this weekend brewing up BM's OktoberFast Ale. It dropped 2deg F over an hour long mash. Seemed to work pretty well.

spazmcnasty said:
My buddies said that or a electric kettle. How did you cut yours?

Standard home depot angle grinder. I just went freehand and it came out pretty well. Ended up with a bit of the black rubbery stuff on my pants though. It's never coming out, oh well, I got a decent mash tun out of it.

spazmcnasty said:
That's awesome. That's what I hope to end up with one day. What bit did u use to drill it?

I used a screwdriver to 'mark' the spot, drilled a pilot hole with 1/4" speed bit and then a step bit from home depot (was about $40 iirc). The rubber/plastic stuff on the keg really keeps the bits from walking. It was much easier than the other two.

Latest posts

Back