Bottle washer leak?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hazedandconfused

Reaction score
I went out today and bought "The blast" bottle washer in anticipation of the two batches i have to bottle within the next few days. I also purchased a hose/ faucet adapter(which came with 2 rubber gaskets. 1thin 1thick). I just went to test it out and there was a leak. It still sprays pretty good. but i have the feeling that if i were to stop that trickle then it would spray a lot harder and make me feel a little better about my cleaning procedures. Would anybody know how to fix this? Also, the adapter wouldnt screw on the faucet with the thicker gasket in, only wih the thin. Perhaps theres a better place to put the thick gasket?

Does the original aerator have a gasket you could use? It may work better than the ones you have? Otherwise, I would not worry about it!

As long as you have a decent amount of pressure you should be good to go.

I soak my bottles in Oxyclean free for several hours to several days and just rinse with hot tap water 2-3 times before sanitizing. The Oxyclean does all the "work" and I love it!

Good luck!

Back