No carb beer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not sure it's possible, alcohol by nature is a type of carb as well as the sugars from the grain etc. I know there are low carb beers but as far as no carb I'm not thinking it possible

not sure it's possible, alcohol by nature is a type of carb as well as the sugars from the grain etc. I know there are low carb beers but as far as no carb I'm not thinking it possible

Low carb beers mostly are a little beer and lot of water. As for no carbs, if you don't count an alcohol as a carbohydrate (like some marketing groups like to), you may have a chance if you mash low with nothing but 2 or 6 row barley, rice, corn, or dextrose/sucrose. Even then, you'll have some.

Carb is a contraction of 2 or more different words with different meanings. Do you mean carbohydrates or carbonation? One is fairly easy to get, the other is impossible.

As Newgene said, if we don't count alcohol as a carbohydrate, because I assume that we're looking to do something similar to conglomerate beer in the "low carbohydrate" area, then perhaps we could let the beer ferment out, then use a wine yeast to drive the FG even lower. It would leave you with a VERY dry beer with a high ABV. I'm not saying it'd be good, or bad, but if you wanted to get rid of the residual sugar, this could be one way to go without a lot of factory equipment.

If you want no carbonation, then bulk aging is your friend. If you're brewing a lower ABV, or just not patient, then look up a wine degasser.

Latest posts

Back