Fruity wheat beer...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fudd

Reaction score
I wanted to make a fruity beer(uh, you know, for my girlfriend...) and they didn't have the light LME the recipe called for at my brew store. I bought a half light, half wheat mix, which I guess makes this a wheat beer. Is there any fruit that doesn't go well with wheat beers? I was originally going to make it rasberry but maybe with the wheatness the rasberry would be too strong? I don't want it to taste like pure juice. The recipe calls for 3 quarts so maybe I should lower that? Someone let me know if they think 3 quarts of rasberry juice will come out well, or if I should change it. Please.

Rasoberry wheat is actually a common beer. I'd go with real berries instead of juice. I haven't done one yet, but plenty of folks on the forum have. You can probably find someone's recommendation by doing a search. Also the Brewmaster's Bible has recipies with as little as 3 lbs and as much as 6lbs.

If you do use juice, make sure you get 100% raspberry juice and its not-from-concentrate. A lot of juices are blended with grape juice, which will probably give you undesired flavors. If its from concentrate, it will have high fructose corn syrup mixed with it, which will also give you undesired flavors.

Back