3000w 120volt element. Anybody use this?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ddahl84

Reaction score
I came across a 3000 watt element that says it runs off 120 volt. There's a lot of talk on here about using two 1500 or 2000w elements for people using only 120v but does anybody use this instead? I know I it needs a 30amp circuit which I have so this might be a perfect match for me.
I'll try to attach a link if anyone wants to check it out. Let me know what you think.

http://www.usatankless.com/3000w-120v.html

Rheem makes a 120v 3000w copper element that is very nice. As you said that would be a 30amp circuit but other than that it would be good to go.

Garyr2973 said:
Rheem makes a 120v 3000w copper element that is very nice. As you said that would be a 30amp circuit but other than that it would be good to go.

Do you think that would be a better option? I like the idea it's copper.

Jkarp told me about them. He's the one that made the countertop Brutus 20. He says they indestructible and he loves them.

The one that I found is a HWD. Have you found a LWD? Otherwise I'm just going to order it right now. Thanks for the suggestion.

I just bought one of these Monday. Hopefully will be here soon.

I'm reading over your build and concerned whether I made the right choice.

I am planning to run this element using a 20 amp gfci protected service in my kitchen.

Anybody know if this element will have too large of a draw on the circuit ?

Thanks!

Marquez said:
I just bought one of these Monday. Hopefully will be here soon.

I'm reading over your build and concerned whether I made the right choice.

I am planning to run this element using a 20 amp gfci protected service in my kitchen.

Anybody know if this element will have too large of a draw on the circuit ?

Thanks!

I think it draws around 25amps. So not going to work. Everything in my build is 10g wire, all 30a plugs and outlets on a 30a breaker.

ddahl84 said:
I think it draws around 25amps. So not going to work. Everything in my build is 10g wire, all 30a plugs and outlets on a 30a breaker.

Well that makes sense. I placed the order because the element is copper and it is also low density.

I never planned to run it at 3000 W.

But of course electrical devices can't read my mind and will run as spec'd.

They also have 240v 5000w elements got the same price. I think I am back to plan a build using a gfci protected circuit into my laundry room.

Back