Pumpkin wine recipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peregrine879

Reaction score
I started a pumpkin wine recently and yes I am a newbie my potassium metabisulfate pectin did not come in until today. Is it to late to add it or will I still be able to add it today without killing the yeast(Potassium Meta) and can i still add the pectin it has been in the primary vessel for less then a day now.

Probably too late for the K-Meta, or at least its original intent of killing the wild yeast. You do it prior to adding your commercial yeast so there's no competition for yours, be it yeast or other. Now many on here (me included) recommend adding it every other racking to stave off oxidation. But there's no point to add it to an active primary.

The pectic enzyme can still be added, so go for it.

I added the pectin and will pictch the potassium metabisulfate in after i rack the wine to get the pulp out on thursday. Everything seems fine now and is a 1.080 a bad gravity for this type of wine? to begin with will it be to sweet or Do I just need to learn to be patient. it has been in the primary for 2 days now and I am still a lil confused about everything and what to look at.

Back