Richmond, VA: Legend Brewery?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

todd_k

Reaction score
Has anyone been to the Legend Brewery in Richmond? I've lived in this area for over 2 years and I still haven't gone. I've been to Richbrau a few times in Shockoe Bottom and their beer is pretty good, especially the IPA and Oatmeal Stout.

I think Dude has. I had their Imperial Pilsner from the beer engine at Capitol Ale House.....awesome! I'd like to check the place out.

Ah, Capital Ale House... Nothing like spending $7.50 for a draft beer. I think Legend has free tours on Saturdays at 1:00.

The James River Homebrewers hold their monthly meeting at Legend's on the third wednesday of the month (I think). Been there several times, my favorite is their chocolate porter but that is seasonal. Many local stores sell 22 oz. Legend brews (Kroger, Total Wine) so you don't even have to visit to try their beers.

The County Rib and Ale House also has good beers on tap, like twenty-something, not particularly cheap but worth a visit.

Jason

HurricaneFloyd said:
Has anyone been to the Legend Brewery in Richmond? I've lived in this area for over 2 years and I still haven't gone. I've been to Richbrau a few times in Shockoe Bottom and their beer is pretty good, especially the IPA and Oatmeal Stout.

HurricaneFloyd,

You've only lived here two years and list a Michigan straits pale ale in the secondary, Are you from Michigan? I grew up in a small town called Mason.

Jason from Mason

Flyin' Lion said:
HurricaneFloyd,

You've only lived here two years and list a Michigan straits pale ale in the secondary, Are you from Michigan? I grew up in a small town called Mason.

Jason from Mason

No, I'm from Jersey. I bought my starter equipment and first kit from Michigan Brewing Company and this was the kit I picked. I've lived in Jersey, New York, Myrtle Beach for 3 months and now Virginia.

Flyin' Lion said:
The James River Homebrewers hold their monthly meeting at Legend's on the third wednesday of the month (I think). Been there several times, my favorite is their chocolate porter but that is seasonal. Many local stores sell 22 oz. Legend brews (Kroger, Total Wine) so you don't even have to visit to try their beers.

The County Rib and Ale House also has good beers on tap, like twenty-something, not particularly cheap but worth a visit.

Jason

I used to live in Chester too. I lived in Ashton Creek apartments and River's Bend apartments (I also lived in the AmerSuites for about a month). I've been to the James River Homebrewers website a couple times, it appears to only be a forum and I couldn't really find much information about it.

Back