Update on cherry wheat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beer Snob

Reaction score
Hey all. Just tasted the cherry wheat. Recalling that I put cherry puree in the secondary. It went through some fermentation and from what I tasted looks like the cherry puree completly fermentated out. I dont taste any cherry taste in it thats for sure. I was inicitaly concerned about the high hop taste from the perle. I can still taste the perle but it has a more perdomant alcoholic taste now.

The bumber is no cherry taste.... thought the puree would do a better job then the extract..... thoughts...

Sorry to hear that. I was thinking of doing a cherry wheat for my next batch.

There is a recipe in the book that came with my brew kit for a black cherry wheat.

It called for 3 qts of black cherry juice at the end of the boil.

I have the opposite going on. I brewed a cherry wheat with ~8 lbs of cherries and now I am waiting for the cherry flavor to mellow out. How much puree did you use?

gaelone said:
I have the opposite going on. I brewed a cherry wheat with ~8 lbs of cherries and now I am waiting for the cherry flavor to mellow out. How much puree did you use?

I used a full can, which is 46 oz. The store person said it would almost be too much. Hmmmm.... is there any way to stop a fermentation for happening? Last time I did this I used the exract at bottling and did not like the taste much.... this was many years ago though.... has this stuff improved at all in like 8 years?

Back