Order from McMaster Carr!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Pol

Reaction score
Each 6739K64 Straight Through Coolant Hose Coupling Sleeve-Lck Sckt X Barb for 1/2" Hose ID, 3/8" Cplg Sz $6.01 $36.06 in the morning

Each 6739K59 Straight Through Coolant Hose Coupling Plug, 1/2" NPTF Male, 3/8" Coupling Size $1.75 $12.25 in the morning

Each 50915K328 Standard Brass Compression Tube Fitting Adapter for 1/2" Tube OD X 1/2" NPTF Male Pipe $3.67 $7.34 in the morning

Pack 5307K48 1/2" NPT Male Connector for 1/2" ID Snap-Loc Any-Which-Way Coolant Hose, Packs of 4 $5.27 $5.27 in the morning

Packs 10095K45 1' of 1/2" ID Loc-Line Any-Which-Way Coolant Hose, Packs of 1 $6.94 $13.88 in the morning

Pack 10095K25 1/2" Diameter Round Nozzle for 1/2" ID Loc-Line Any-Which-Way Coolant Hose, Packs of 4 $4.65 $4.65 in the morning

Each 50785K94 Med-Pressure Extruded Brass Thrd Pipe Fitting 1/2" Pipe Size, Hex Coupling, 1-3/16" Length $2.41 $7.23 in the morning

Applicable shipping charges and tax will be added.

I really wish that they didnt add the tax and shipping AFTER the order is placed... what would shipping be on an order like this? It is ground only...

Setting up the last components for my HERMS. QD's, compression fittings to attach the HERMS coil to the QD's through the lid of the cooler... Also removing my SS sparge arm and replacing it with a 1/2" flexible coolant line that is 2' long so that I can use it for recirculating and sparging. Cant wait to get a brew on my system in Sept! Then I can start spending my money on ingredients, not components!

POL

McMaster is hella fast. My stuff showed up the next day. You'll like those QD's.....good choice. Do you have any pics/details on that cooling line? That sounds like just what I need for easy adjustment of the recirc ring....

The coolant line can be looked up on McMaster by doing a seach on "coolant line". It is a segmented line, that can be bent to any shape you desire, and is not supposed to change shape unless you do it. It is also rated to work with liquids up to 200F. I needed a SINGLE line to use for recirc and sparge... and a sparge arm would get plugged with grain during the recirc.

Sorry man....I guess that came off as a stupid question....I didn't realize you also bought the coolant line from McMaster...but now I see it's 3/4 of the way down your list :(.

Nevertheless, I might have to get down with that;)

No problem Scuba... I have seen someone else use this item before in thier system, so I thought Id give it a shot. I like the rotating sparge arm, but for a simpler and cleaner build, I thought Id resort to ONE piece of plumbing going through the lid, and if I had a sparge arm installed, it would not be able to rotate with another tube running down into the cooler. I designed this setup so that everything seals through the lids... the tubes from the heat exchange coil, thermowell, recirc/sparge plumbing etc... to make it as efficient as possible. They will all have a coupling, and the hoses will simply attach to a QD that is threaded through the lid. I will have a fair ammount of construction to do when I get home this week, but it shouldn't take TOO long to complete, then I will get some pics up.

POL

ONE day delivery, with standard ground? I LOVE THIS PLACE! The HERMS will be pieced together today! YAY!

Back