air powered stir plate

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's exactly eighty-four cents cheaper than the very solid (if basic) stirplate available here and vouched for my myself and lots of other HBT'ers.

And, with Dan's you don't need one of these:

414EQCM01XL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Yeah, but if you could hook it up to SWMBO then all that hot air might be useful.

Anyone use one of these? Seems like a cheap alternative to a motor driven one, but not as cheap as a homemade one. Looks like it could be driven by a simple aquarium air pump right?

Not a cheap alternative if you don't own an air compressor.

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

did not feel like making an acnt to get the price on it. I did however notice that it will only handle a 1l starter. Reading the specs they listed thought my aquarium pump will handle it but then u add $24 to the cost of that stirplate.

A lot of people already have aquarium pumps to aerate wort. But, yea that homemade electric one is probably a better bet.

did not feel like making an acnt to get the price on it. I did however notice that it will only handle a 1l starter. Reading the specs they listed thought my aquarium pump will handle it but then u add $24 to the cost of that stirplate.

What type of aquarium pump do you have which can produce the pressure and flow rate required to spin the stir plate?
Remember aquarium pumps are diaphragm pumps which produce pulsating out puts.

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

rated for 60gal tank 2 outlet pump both outlets t'd into one=7psi i measured it b4 posting this response. link for stir plate says it needs 3-8 psi so my aquarium pump is enough again i ask the ? posted above about cost of that plate. as i wont make an account there just to get the price.

rated for 60gal tank 2 outlet pump both outlets t'd into one=7psi i measured it b4 posting this response. link for stir plate says it needs 3-8 psi so my aquarium pump is enough again i ask the ? posted above about cost of that plate. as i wont make an account there just to get the price.

Unfortunately the supplier only lists the pressure and not the minimum flow rate required which is the missing link to compare any air pump.

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

Back