ready to keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

subwyking

Reaction score
just got our co2 bottle today. a 20 pounder. with beverage grade co2 in it. for only (drumroll) $55. thats right. so now we have everything neccessary to keg beer. except a fridge. its 6 degrees out side right now. is there anyway i could use this cold weather to my advantage and keg a beer that we have in our secondary now so we can drink it in the next couple of days?

subwyking said:
is there anyway i could use this cold weather to my advantage

Sure. Set your house thermostat to about 35*F, you'll have lots of cold beer.

6* (I assume *F) is too cold, your beer will freeze.

I just wanted to ask what the difference between beverage grade CO2 and regular CO2 was. Did you have to pay more for it?

I'm very curious about this as well since I'm about to make the "jump." Didn't know there was a beverage grade???

Also, when some of you swap cylinders at a welder's supply, are there ever any issues with cylinders that are "dirty" on the inside?

someone correct me if im wrong, but the difference is with beverage grade they install a "dry filter" in the line when they are filling it. this is to keep any oils and moisture out of your tank.

Back