DIY Font Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

punkin

Reaction score
Hi, im in the process of converting a 300 litre freezer into a kegerator and have decided that i will have my font coming out the side of the collar so as not to interfere with the opening of the lid.

Talked to my friendly tig man today. He has some lovely 316 pipe there in 2.5". Will that be ok with the standard adaptors (i think i saw they were for 3" pipe?)

I'm designing my own font system to go on one end (right end while facing) of the freezer coming out of the wooden collar.

I'll be buying 4 perlick taps (525ss) and the adaptors to suit and possibly putting one adaptor in one end spare for a counter pressure bottle filler.

Question now is what design for the font. I can't get the 316 pipe bent because it's too heavy in the wall and will either crimp or break the benders. So it's welded.

It has to come off a vertical wall, but the question is.. do i make a horseshoe/bikerack style open loop and have the taps coming off the top pipe (upside down U shape) or do i do a traditional T shape?

I will have a small fan circulating the cold air inside the freezer, and i'm thinking that a u shaped font (with two connections to the freezer) will allow the cold air to circulate through and cool the lines in the font better than a t shape.

Opinions?

it sounds like he is talking about one of these. when he mentioned the T and the 4 taps.

TTBXSS-t-tower-B1.jpg

Don't worry about it, it's all too hard.

I'll figure it out for myself (font :))

Back