Opening a brewery someday...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am a recent college graduate from a business school with a great interest in entrepreneurship. My other homebrewing friend and I have toyed around with the idea of opening a brewery. Now of course we need a lot more experience in homebrewing, but we feel like this is a possibility. An initial thought is that we can brew almost as we normally do (5 gal. batches) and just sell it. Of course there is a liquor license and other startup costs, but the idea is to start cheap and work up into a full fledged business. Also, to get a job at a brewery (a Boston-area brewery, as I am looking to move to Boston) would be a good way to to get experience in the brewing industry.

Does anyone have any experience, information, advice, contacts?

Welcome to the board. There have been some pretty good discussions on this topic that have a lot of info. Sorry I don't have the links handy, but some creative search strings should get you some hits. The folks here have a ton of really good experience, some pro brewers, some hardcore hobbyists, so you found the right place!

Cheers :mug:

Wow, that was quick. Yes, I will def. be doing some searching on this forum. So far the most populated forum I've found on homebrewing. I'm sure there is great information out there, I just wanted to fire off a quick post to get the ball rolling. Thanks for the welcome and happy brewing!

Brewtopia said:
This is a great place to start reading
https://www.homebrewtalk.com//showthread.php?t=11411

I'm also currently in the process of opening a brewery.
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=51412

Thanks for the great information! I know that opening one would be a lot of work and money and a lot of people will be nay-sayers, but I'm considering doing this and trying to gather as much info as I can. And of course, I need to get some more years of experience under my belt.

Latest posts

Back