Local brew shops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtrogers14

Reaction score
I live in the northern burbs of NYC. Does anyone know of a good local brewing supply place in the area or the Fairfield county area of CT ??

I go to Cornells (True Value Hardware) once in a while. They have lots of things, but you're on your own, as most don't know anything about beer.

Your right good spot but leave me alone ? HARDLY !! The dude that was working in the basement (where the home brewing section is) followed me around like I was a 15 year old kid looking to steal something.

There is one in Brooklyn, if you get into the city. Stopped by to check it out, had a good selection of equipment and supplies.

Definitely Maltose Express . . . .

BTW . . they launched an online store back in December 2012 and offer UPS shipping anywhere in the country. Any orders being shipped to the Northeast and the Tri-State area, generally arrive the next day with UPS Ground service.

They also do a nice job with the liquid yeast packs, shipping them with a reusable ice pack and inside an insulated package.

Did anyone hear that they expect to be opening a 7 barrel brewery and tap room next spring right next door to the HBS?

Isn't there a liquor store next to maltose? I don't know where there would be room unless ace moves out.

Ace is reducing it's store size . . .

the liquor store will move into the newly created space, and the brew shop moves into the current liquor store space. The brewery and tap room will be where Maltose currently is.

I'll add my vote for Maltose if you can get there. I buy all my ingredients there. They've got a good stock of grains, hops, yeasts, and most everything else I've ever needed, and if their prices are anything more than the online stores (and they're usually not), it's worth it for the convenience and service. They're also really friendly, knowledgable, and always have their beer & wine on tap to sample!

John

Cornells.com takes Bitcoin. They're also a hardware store which is great.

Back