Bottle Bucket Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Milhouse

Reaction score
I'm not sure if I did this right. I boiled a pint of water with 3/4 cup of corn sugar and added to the bottom of a bottle bucket. I then racked the beer on top of this. The beer swirled its way up the bucket while it siphoned. I then bottled. I did not stir the beer to avoid any aeration. My question is...should I have stirred the beer to insure the sugar and beer were properly mixed, or do you think I did the right thing?

You're fine....

I've taken to pouring half of the solution in the bottom and the remaining amount half way up. I had some uneven carbing before and someone here recomended it.

You did it the same way I do every batch. I think you will be fine. Just have another beer and it will work itself out. :)

SD

Ditto here, exactly like you did - I always put the priming sugar solution into the bottling bucket first, then siphon in the beer without stirring, and I've always had nice uniform carbonation.

Back