Brew System Plumbing Plan (What am i missing)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LordUlrich

Reaction score
I am working on a concept for a automated brew system. The attached link is my plans for the plumbing (one showing each step of the brew). I am trying to keep cost down. One of the biggest costs appears to be valves (especially with electric control), so if i could reduce the count that would be great.

I do understand that my rims tube is going to need quite a bit of power for sparge (essentially hot water on demand, although i only need about 180* water at ~1 qt/min). I also get that the CIP cycle is kinda complex, but a computer is doing the work so whatever.

https://picasaweb.google.com/adam.wellner/Brewery?authkey=Gv1sRgCMHYyaHT0KeAhgE&feat=directlink

So what am i missing and what can i improve.
Also my next step is pipe layout / sizing what kind of flows am i likely to need (i figure i might as well run the headless calcs, keep my fluids from getting too rusty). I get sparge should be about 1qt/min (i currently batch sparge), but what about recirc or whirlpool, how about CIP?

Thanks

Back