O Ring Replacing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smerfs8485

Reaction score
So I just used my keg for the first time and am now cleaning it out. Noticed my pressure relieve valve o ring is very cracked. Is it normal to have O ring on the PRV cracked after the first time? Also will I need to replace it everytime? That would be horrible.

No, you should not have to replace gaskets every time. Eventually they will get old and crack or get too soft and not seal tight, but that should take a long time. Most of the time when I get used kegs I replace the gaskets right away because they're cheap. Unfortunately poppets have gotten a *lot* more dear in the past few years.

Normally I put a little bit of cipfilm on the gaskets every time I clean one so the gaskets stay soft. It doesn't appear to dissolve or make the gaskets too soft.

There's a joke here about never having too much lube, but I'm not sure exactly where.

Back