7 Days Later

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerBelly

Reaction score
I was preparing to brew Friday before last (3rd batch ever, 2nd Partial Mash) when I discovered i had left my liquid yeast out a few days prior w/o refrigeration. Decided to make a starter yeast to determine if the yeast was still active. I was not able to brew until the following Friday and decided to use the starter from 7 days prior. Fermentation began with in 18 hrs. (very rapidly, as in top almost blew off primary). 60 hours later (today) and still seeing constant bubbles out of airlock.

That being said, I was worried I had let the starter sit for to long before pitching and there might be reason for concern. Could y'all tell me if everything sounds OK and that I shouldn't have anything to worry about?

Cheers!

as long as your sanitation is good its not a problem to leave the yeast at room temps for a while. Look at it this way I sometimes wash yeast that has been at room temps for 2-3 weeks in the primary and never have a problem.Also have pitched directly onto a yeast cake .

Back