New Zealand Hops are in!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steelers77

Vendor
Reaction score
We have the following 2012 N.Z. Hops available:

Galaxy
Motueka
Nelson Sauvin
Pacific Gem
Pacific Jade
Riwaka
Southern Cross
Wakatu

We will have more arriving in the near future

Cheers,

John

Didn't know you guys had'em too. I just ordered my 1st PMkit from midwest,who has 5 or 6 of them for 25% off. The flavors/aromas sound great too! Oaky,blackberry,lemon,lemon/lime,grassy,piney,floral,lemongrassy goodness! So I ordered 3 ounces each of Motueka,pacifica,Pacific Gem, Wakatu,Super Alpha. Keep you in mind next time. Since I'm starting into partial mash,maybe check out your grains...

If I give you one then I have to give everyone one. Maybe we will do a sale in the future should be a holiday coming up soon!

Steelers77 said:
If I give you one then I have to give everyone one. Maybe we will do a sale in the future should be a holiday coming up soon!

Did you "vacation" to Kiwi Land for the purpose of procuring more of these tasty hops?

That's one of my dream trips!. We went to the beach where Dogfish is located, if you can get your hands on DNA from dogfish head its a pretty good Braggot.

Just ordered a whole lot last night...looking forward to messing around with some single-hop IPA's and APA's with NZ varieties...

Ordered a half pound of Galaxy earlier this year - loving it in a Citra/Galaxy IPA right now

DustBow said:
Ordered a half pound of Galaxy earlier this year - loving it in a Citra/Galaxy IPA right now

Did the citra overpower the galaxy? You use a 1:1 ratio? I ask b/c I'm going to brew one tomorrow (have 2 oz galaxy and 2 oz citra with more galaxy on the way from farmhouse). Thanks!

I used an equal ratio in the kettle and dry/keg-hop. I might use slightly more galaxy next time

DustBow said:
I used an equal ratio in the kettle and dry/keg-hop. I might use slightly more galaxy next time

Cool. I'm thinking to contrast it with some Columbus at 10' just to make it not quite such a citrus bomb, ditch the citra. . Been doing that too much. Columbus I'm hoping will just say 'hops' without And add some earthy to the galaxy which I hear are fruit fruit fruit.

Are the riwaka hops gone? It doesn't look like I can add them too cart. Dang, found out about this too late.

Back