Help needed please!! Beer might be flat!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephenaxe

Reaction score
Hey guys,
i poured a tester today from my lager barrel 2 days before its serpost to be ready to see how it was getting along. But it has very little fiz !! Is this a big problem, can i do any thing if it is flat other than pour it down the sink!

P.s it tastes great tho !

Sorry, I'm not too familiar with the lagar barrels, but if those are what I'm thinking about, you can pressurize them right? If so, throw some priming sugar in there and give it another couple of weeks.

j

Sorry, I'm not too familiar with the lagar barrels, but if those are what I'm thinking about, you can pressurize them right? If so, throw some priming sugar in there and give it another couple of weeks.

j

Sorry should have put pressure barrel, do u think more sugar will do the trick what about a blast of co2 ? I just dnt want to reck my barrel on the first batch .

sorry in advance, but what is a lager barrel? is this like a keg? do you have pressure on it? did you add sugar to it to produce bubbles? How long has it been on pressure or on the sugar?
what type of beer is it? high gravity? boy - so may questions..

sorry in advance, but what is a lager barrel? is this like a keg? do you have pressure on it? did you add sugar to it to produce bubbles? How long has it been on pressure or on the sugar?
what type of beer is it? high gravity? boy - so may questions..

Hey errm its a pressure barrel, i added half a teaspoon of sugar to ever pint like the instructions said, its been in the barrel now nearly 2 weeks. I have a co2 adaptor on order so should be here in next couple of days but the instructures dint say to add any so i just left it till it needed it and more questions just ask o and its a lager kit

These are two seperate issues;

Hey errm its a pressure barrel, i added half a teaspoon of sugar to ever pint like the instructions said, its been in the barrel now nearly 2 weeks. I have a co2 adaptor on order so should be here in next couple of days but the instructures dint say to add any so i just left it till it needed it and more questions just ask o and its a lager kit

Unfortunately very few of us in America are familiar with pressure barrels, they are not common here. Since you didn't put pressure barrel in the thread title you may not get anyone looking at the thread who might know something about them. I'll try to find someone and link them to this thread.

I have a Red Ale (7 days in the bottle) conditioning... is it supposed to be less carbonated???

And now YOU mr thread jacker :D

The 3 weeks at 70 degrees, that that we recommend is the minimum time it takes for average gravity beers to carbonate and condition. Higher grav beers take longer.

Stouts and porters have taken me between 6 and 8 weeks to carb up..I have a 1.090 Belgian strong that took three months to carb up.

And even carbonation doesn't mean that they will not still be green and need more time to condition....

So yeah at a week not having any carbonation is perfectly normal...

Everything you need to know about carbing and conditioning, can be found here Of Patience and Bottle Conditioning. With emphasis on the word, "patience." ;)

Steven, I'm going to reffer you here: http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/index.php

I can't find anyone current here in any of the pressure barrel threads who actually uses them. Most folks are making the same comments as everyone on this thread.which isn't helping you, like I said we don't see many of these in the states.

I suggest you ask your UK brethren, but when you start a thread there put "Pressure Barrel" in your title, it will help get you the right attention.

Latest posts

Back