Score!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

USMCBrewer

Reaction score
I'm a relatively new brewer, but as I'm sure we all know, we are constantly acquiring gear. I just scored, what I believe to be some great gear!

image-1129500327.jpg

4 5 gal Sanke's
3 7.75 gal Sanke's
1 Corney
20# CO2 bottle
Regulator
Coupler & Faucet

Yea baby!!

if those canisters have circular yellow figures with black trapezoids evenly spaced in them, I'd prolly stay away from them.

cageybee said:
if those canisters have circular yellow figures with black trapezoids evenly spaced in them, I'd prolly stay away from them.

Hahaha. Right! I will say that the skunky beer that was still in some of them prolly should've been considered a biohazard. Holy $hit it was foul.

The Pin lock and Co2 tank are great but the sanke's are tough to use without the proper cleaning and filling equipment.

Monster Mash said:
The Pin lock and Co2 tank are great but the sanke's are tough to use without the proper cleaning and filling equipment.

I was able to pull them all apart relatively easily. I've researched both the sanke's and cornies and I think I'm going to use the sanke's. I should be able to do what needs to be done to get/keep them clean.

Heck of a score Brother!

I use 1/2 and 1/4BBL Sanke's for fermenters, and the 1/6BBL's for serving out of. They are easy to clean and easy to serve from, it takes me about 20 seconds to disassemble one and 45 seconds tops to put one back together.

wyzazz said:
Heck of a score Brother!

I use 1/2 and 1/4BBL Sanke's for fermenters, and the 1/6BBL's for serving out of. They are easy to clean and easy to serve from, it takes me about 20 seconds to disassemble one and 45 seconds tops to put one back together.

What would you suggest to clean the biohazard skunky beer residue out of them? I'm thinking that some of them have had beer in them for at least the last 5 years....

Do a couple overnight hot oxiclean soaks, if there is still stuff in them after that then an acid soak (CLR or 3X StarSan) can eat off beerstone fairly well. The nice thing about using them as fermenters is that they are easy to clean and you can stretch an Orange Carboy Cap over the neck. You can also sanitize them by tossing about a gallon of water in them and tossing them on your burner.

wyzazz said:
Do a couple overnight hot oxiclean soaks, if there is still stuff in them after that then an acid soak (CLR or 3X StarSan) can eat off beerstone fairly well. The nice thing about using them as fermenters is that they are easy to clean and you can stretch an Orange Carboy Cap over the neck. You can also sanitize them by tossing about a gallon of water in them and tossing them on your burner.

Thanks! I'd heard about the oxiclean...just don't have any at the moment. All the stuff I got is pretty dirty/grimy... It's been sitting for who knows how long. I got everything apart tonight and rinsed out. Gonna get new o-rings and spring clips when I actually get around to kegging, but since I don't have a keezer yet, my primary focus is to get everything super clean. I swear, the $hit that was in some of them was perhaps the foulest smelling stuff I've ever smelled.

you lucky b@$t@rd!! i've been trying to get my hands on some slim quarter's for a while now to use as fermenters for 5gal batches; apparently they are hard to come by. after about 2 months of searching (and refusing to pay the ridiculous ebay prices), i have managed to find only one. you should go buy a lottery ticket.

Back