Kegging system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Antler

Reaction score
I'm looking into a keezer project, and I'm wondering where everyone gets there kits. I'm looking at having two kegs tapped at all times and want tp be able to carb two kegs at any time as well. I guess I'll need a manifold. Anyone have recommendations?

You'll definitely need a manifold (probably two, two output manifolds. One for each of the gauges). Additionally, if you want to carb kegs at high pressure at the same time you serve at a lower pressure, you will need a dual gauge regulator.

Most homebrew stores have setup kits for this. Check kegconnection, kegcowboy, etc.

The easiest recommendation I can give, is to CALL kegconnection.com at
512-805-3300 or 888-686-3375. I say call because they get hammered with emails and have to play catch up, and when you call, they take care of you right then and there. I called and had all of my million questions answered about lines, manifolds, keg types pros/cons, force carbing, perlicks, etc. and then placed my order having spent LESS than I thought I was going to because I learned there were things I thought I needed in my system that I found out I didn't. Also, the components/hardware is nice stuff, well put together, and worked out of the box with zero problems. I'm sure other companies can offer similar luck, but this is who I went with for my 3 tap system (that I'm already wishing was 4).

So, long story short, and although I know others around here have had issues with kegconnection, I readily recommend them.

i can t fine ti but order a morebeer gatalong and they have a manifold that can dontrol each out put pst ( ishould stop drinklin)

http://morebeer.com/view_product/5581/102237/CO2_Regulator_-_Dual_Body_-_Three_Gauge

With this regulator above, can I "T" off both outputs from the regulator, so I have 2 kegs at serving pressure and two kegs carving at any given time? I guess it would be wise to but some valves online after the lines T off, case I just need one crabbing or one serving at a time. Anyone have opinions here or should I be looking into a 4 output manifold.

Antler said:
http://morebeer.com/view_product/5581/102237/CO2_Regulator_-_Dual_Body_-_Three_Gauge

With this regulator above, can I "T" off both outputs from the regulator, so I have 2 kegs at serving pressure and two kegs carbing at any given time? I guess it would be wise to but some valves inline after the lines T off, case I just need one carbing or one serving at a time. Anyone have opinions here or should I be looking into a 4 output manifold.

Yes, that should work for what you want to do. There are better prices to be had on dual regulators, though. Kegconnection sells a Taprite brand dual reg for cheaper than that morebeer one, and their economy brand can be had for MUCH cheaper. Like an earlier poster said, though, it is much more effective to call Kegconnection than to email. I can attest to that.

Couldn't a person with a single body regulator take a keg from the serving line, and disconnect it. Then carb your new keg, sit it in the corner, and put the other keg back on the line?

I got the two keg dual body regulator kit from midwest. It was fully assembled so u can keg and carb a beer as soon as you take the kit home, but im not a fan of the regulator. It is very difficult to dial in the psi you are going for and it always seems to change a few psi overnight. Thats my only complaint, but if i did it again id probably order from kegconnection.

I just came from a local brew store and I'm shocked and disappointed with the prices. They had a single keg kit there which consisted of 1 used corny, one used 5lb co2, dual gauge regulator, and a picnic tap. Price was $299.99.

Safe to say I'll be ordering my kit online.

I just came from a local brew store and I'm shocked and disappointed with the prices. They had a single keg kit there which consisted of 1 used corny, one used 5lb co2, dual gauge regulator, and a picnic tap. Price was $299.99.

Safe to say I'll be ordering my kit online.

My local shop has the same setup for $215 and I still think it's too much. I ordered the 4 pack special that was on sabco a couple weeks ago. 4 kegs for $119 plus $30 shipping. They still haven't shipped them yet though.. have to give em a call on monday if they still haven't shipped. I think for the rest of my setup I'm going with either Kegcowboy or beveragefactory.. neither will be cheap to ship to me in MA but they seem to have the best deals.

I have 4 cornies I got for free, my 20lb CO2 is gonna be here thursday for $40, and my lHS owner is hooking me up with a dual body regulator for ~$90. Guess I will just piece everything else together.

Back