• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

2 x 25 gallon clad bottom SS pots w/ various parts NEVER USED

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jcaudill

Reaction score
Here's your opportunity to have a cheap 25 gallon pot!

I have 2 x 25 gallon (100 quart) clad bottom pots (same as the Megapot or what other homebrew shops sell as their clad bottom pots). They have NEVER been used.

The deal is I had them welded on by a local shop who did a less than stellar job. I've been fighting some surface rust issues which seem manageable with proper treatment (either further grinding, or constant cleaning with something like Barkeeper's Friend). Most likely this came from a grinding disc that had been previously used on steel And one of the pots has a coupling that is going to need work - possibly cut out and re-welded.

Because I'm planning to go pro, I've decided I'm not going to use these and instead get three new 1BBL kettles ready to go.

I am going to accept ALL offers on these pots. This may be your chance to score a big, and cheap SS pot. Without further adieu - here are pictures and details:

Pot #1:

This pot I intended on using as my Mash/Lauter Tun. It includes ports for dump, recirc, temp and a sight gauge. The sight gauge is a 1/4" NPT port, all other ports are 1/2" and most are full coupling except the temp port. There are also two support pieces welded in here near the top. These support pieces support a plethora of bars I had made that I used for recirc tubing or for my 1/4" NPT spray nozzle for sparging. These are pictured below. This is the pot with the coupling that will likely need to be cut and rewelded (the dump port). This is because a fitting cross-threaded inside and I believe ruined the threads.

Also included:
- A variety of support bars pictured below for recirc / sparging that are designed to fit across the existing support pieces
- The custom dip tube - you will need the compression fitting.
- The lid pictured below which is custom laser-cut.

Not included:
- Sight gauge
- Any other fittings besides those mentioned above.

I will also consider including the false bottom, which is the same as here http://www.midwestsupplies.com/20-gallon-commercial-quality-kettle-false-bottom.html but has had stainless pieces welded onto the bottom supports to raise the false bottom above the dump port.

I will entertain ANY offer on this pot. Please specify if your offer includes the false bottom. Buyer pays shipping (will ship via Fedex ground which is generally cheapest).

Pot #2:

This pot I intended on using as my boil kettle. It includes couplings for dump, temp, whirlpool, recirc and sight gauge.

Includes:
- Sight gauge already calibrated
- Dip tube (you'll need the compression fitting)
- Custom laser-cut lid with adjustable opening. This really helps control the boil and I use these on my previous pots.

Does not include:
- Any other fittings

Again I will entertain ANY offer on this pot. Buyer pays shipping (will ship via Fedex ground which is generally cheapest).

Both pots are sold AS-IS.

Please PM any offers or with questions. Will sell separately. Thanks in advance!

Someone is going to come tearing through here like Seabiscuit, saying you need to post a price... but I shot you a PM for the time being.
Please consider me interested, in the event you post a price, I'd like first crack at it.

Definitely interested in one of these to upgrade my HLT (which is currently a measly 8 gallons!). Will PM you to negotiate a fair price.

Hey guys - sorry a sale is pending. I'll update the thread in a bit.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back