Beer and a Smoke...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Beere

Deep Six Brewing Co.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Sitting here on my deck watching my boys drive their new power wheels "gator" enjoying my third glass of what I've dubbed GPA (Georgia Pale Ale) and a fine Cuban Partagas cigar - thought I'd share... the pic is a little lousy as it was taken with the internal webcam of my UMPC.

4141-image_sb_2.jpg

What kind of ultra-mini? Oqo? Sony?

Very nice. I haven't worked towards a haus ale yet. Need to get there.

Someday I can share the recipe for Husker Haus Ale though. (TM'ing that name now, y'all!)

Life's finer things... In photographic detail. Hrm, any better and it would need to be posted in a different forum.

Sweet! Sounds like a great idea! I'm going to pour a cold SN Celebration Ale, light up a stogie (outside) and fire up one of the eggs for some tri tip steaks tonight. Thanks for the moment!

EdWort said:
Sweet! Sounds like a great idea! I'm going to pour a cold SN Celebration Ale, light up a stogie (outside) and fire up one of the eggs for some tri tip steaks tonight. Thanks for the moment!

I've always wanted a big green egg (I'm assuming thatviscwhat you are refering too)...

John Beere said:
Sitting here on my deck watching my boys drive their new power wheels "gator" enjoying my third glass of what I've dubbed GPA (Georgia Pale Ale) and a fine Cuban Partagas cigar - thought I'd share... the pic is a little lousy as it was taken with the internal webcam of my UMPC.

4141-image_sb_2.jpg

Grr....I've had exactly one stogie in the past 6 months. I took a bunch to Iraq with me, but it was just too hot to sit and smoke out there. Plus, I rarely had the time. It's been cold since I've been back, and I relented to SWMBO and quit smoking in the sunroom. So, I'm back on cigarettes. :D

My brother gave me a Monte #2 last month. I'm itching to torch that thing, but have never found the right time. I'm still maintaining my humidors well.....I'll be digging back into them soon enough.

Oh how I love a good cigar... no cigarettes for me.

Here is pic of my "open" humidor from about a year ago. I have two others that have much more restricted access. I'm hoping to build a larger furniture-grade cabinet humidor someday to more properly age and store them all.
humidor.jpg

John Beere said:

4141-image_sb_2.jpg

I'm sorry I missed this thread until now! How was the cigar? Which Partagas is that? I assume it went well with your homebrew. I was gifted numerous cigars for Christmas, some of which were Cubans (REAL RyJ Churchills!) and Opus. I'm spending this evening in my cigar room smoking one of my gifts to go along with one of my other gifts... a bottle of Chimay Grand Reserve. :mug:

It was a 1999 Petite Corona Mille Fleurs. I was able to bring several boxes of these back with me from a business trip several years ago and have been aging them ever since. They are on the cheaper end of cuban cigars but damn tasty...

I have had once Cuban in my 21 years on this green earth, and not being anything more than a casual cigar smoker, I am proud to say it kicked my ass :D

John Beere said:
It was a 1999 Petite Corona Mille Fleurs. I was able to bring several boxes of these back with me from a business trip several years ago and have been aging them ever since. They are on the cheaper end of cuban cigars but damn tasty...

Cool! I think there was a lot of inconsistency with Cubans of that period because of the boom, but it sounds like you got a nice bunch.

John Beere said:
It was a 1999 Petite Corona Mille Fleurs...
I'd like to try the Grande Twin Rollere Fleurs, myself.

Actually, I've got a few Dominican Partagas Robustos in my own humidor. They're a pretty nice every day cigar. Nothing special...but I'm craving one right now with my own pale ale.

If you get the chance, Cuban Cohiba Robustos are the best cigars I've ever had. I had the pleasure of smoking a few on a recent overseas trip. A friend of mine (a far greater cigar aficionado than I) agrees completely with that sentiment.

Yuri_Rage said:
If you get the chance, Cuban Cohiba Robustos are the best cigars I've ever had. I had the pleasure of smoking a few on a recent overseas trip. A friend of mine (a far greater cigar aficionado than I) agrees completely with that sentiment.

All my Cohiba Robustos are gone - all thats left is that one Corona in the photo of the humidor above. All those cigars that are vertical are misc remaining cubans my friends from Aruba bring when they visit.

Here is my favorite daily smoker: Onyx Reserve #4

Back