Kegerator Project Started, Have Two Questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EFaden

Reaction score
Hey All,

This morning I picked up a fridge I purchased from Craigslist. It is a Kenmore 253.64822404 18.2 cu ft refrigerator w/ top freezer. After thoroughly cleaning the thing I am getting ready to start the conversion. My first question is that I would like to replace the thermostat in the refrigerator portion with a Love controller. What is the best way to do this? I haven't exactly been able to figure out where in their wiring to splice into.

The second question is that I would like to remove the plastic from the front door. How do you go about doing this? I want to remove the plastic and replace it with a whiteboard or something else flat, so I can utilize the space better. Thanks.

-Eric

there are a few examples online where you just wire it to an outlet and plug the fridge right into the outlet without splicing anything.

I did this (johnson control unit) for mine and have been very very happy with it.

Generally there are fasteners hidden under the magnetic seal on the door that hold everything together. Peal the seal out/over/up whatever - And see what's under it.

If they didn't fill the shelves with foam it should be easy to pull apart.

If they did, you'll need a chisel ;)

Thanks. I'm modifying my plan a bit.

Generally there are fasteners hidden under the magnetic seal on the door that hold everything together. Peal the seal out/over/up whatever - And see what's under it.

If they didn't fill the shelves with foam it should be easy to pull apart.

If they did, you'll need a chisel ;)

Back