PID help please

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonnydot

Reaction score
Thank you for the add ;...I have a AUBER syl-2362A2 PID ,I have calibrated the pt100Mn and is point 6/7 of a degree out ,how do I input a negative point 6 (of a Degree Centigrade) every way I do it gives it a + influence ....Second Question I have ; the SV is set To 36.9 C but it will not turn off ,even in auto tune it just keeps on heating ,I am using it in an Egg incubator with light bulbs as a heat source and they never dim nor turn off ,at the moment it is on 44.1 C and still rising ,how do I get it to turn off and back on ? many thanks in advance for any help for a total PID novice and best regards Jonny

What is the status of the output light? Off, on, flashing? Have you read the manual? I think the degrees offset is Pb. Did you run an autotune?

The out put light is off ,yes read the manual ,but having trouble grasping concepts , ran auto tune again all night and this morning the PV is 44.3 Centigrade which is 7.4 degrees C above SV ,...sv is 36.9 Centigrade and I have tried to change the PSb ,but it will not allow me to put in a negative number ,the PT100 Mn is reading point 6 of a degree C too high

Is it possible for you to put up a picture of the wiring diagram? If all you're running is a lamp from the PID and the output light is off and it's still heating then there's a wiring problem somewhere. You should be using example 10.4 of the instructions. Your load should be less than 3amps other wire you'll need either a contactor or an SSR to accomplish your objective.

So -
Terminal 1 for HOT
Terminal 2 for NEUTRAL
Terminals 8 (WHITE), 9(RED), & 10(RED) for your PT100 probe
Terminal 13 for HOT to your lamps
Terminal 14 for NEUTRAL from your lamps

Please post your settings as well (pain in the arse, but need to see them). Frequently the setting for the probe is incorrect for the probe type. for PT100 probe you want INTY=P10.0.

What mode are you operating in? PID might not be the best setting. ON/OFF might be the best given the situation. What is OUTY set to?

As it turns out when I rewired it into the incubator ,I stuffed up and connected the live wire from the bulbs direct to live and not to the SSR ,silly me lol ,the probe configuration is set to P10.0 so now it turns on dims near set point ,turns off for a sec or two back on again ,dims etc as it is expected to ,,,BUT I am now having woes with Auto tune ...as soon as I activate it, it turns off the bulbs and will not activate the lights at any temp until I turn the power off and restart it ...any clues with this ? Outy is set at 2 ,,HY is set at 3,, Atdu is set at 10,,, PSb is to 0,,, rd is set to 0 ..... SCROLL DOWN TO section 10 http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&r...p4C4DA&usg=AFQjCNGL-pSb_p7IpMTGI4Qb0FW_GXBU0w many thanks Jon ps the bulbs are 240 v AC not 120v AC this is why I used 10.1 diagram and not 10.4

BUT I am now having woes with Auto tune ...as soon as I activate it, it turns off the bulbs and will not activate the lights at any temp until I turn the power off and restart it ...any clues with this ?

Atdu is set at 10

the bulbs are 240 v AC not 120v AC this is why I used 10.1 diagram

Regarding the autotune. When you start the autotune, what is your set value and at what PV do you start the autotune?

If PV=SV and you start autotune, with Atdu set to 10, the PID will let the PV=SV-10, or 10 degrees less than your set value before it starts the tuning process. These devices don't know how much energy is being put into your system so they have to learn it. While in autotune they track the rise in temperature over time so they know how much time to apply heat for without overshooting. The autotune process also let's them learn the amount of heat loss over time. Both of these are very important.

Therefore, when you start autotune, if you are not already 10 degrees below your set value, the system will cool to SV-Atdu or 10 before starting the tuning process. You might be better off setting Atdu to 5 first, then letting it tune from there.

Hope this helps. Glad you figured out your wiring issue.

The out put light is off ,yes read the manual ,but having trouble grasping concepts , ran auto tune again all night and this morning the PV is 44.3 Centigrade which is 7.4 degrees C above SV ,...sv is 36.9 Centigrade and I have tried to change the PSb ,but it will not allow me to put in a negative number ,the PT100 Mn is reading point 6 of a degree C too high

To enter a negative PSb, press the down arrow on the first digit.

Fixed the calibration it is now reading 0.0 or flashing an odd 0.1 for almost no time at all (less than a second) in ice water YAAAH .., I also changed the outY to 3 and changed the HY to 0.3 and then changed the SV to 37.5 ALL is great the unit now heats until 37.4 and waits till it just touches 37.5 for a second at most and turns off ,it then goes down to 37.2 and turns back on ,I let this happen a few times to be sure and then put 6 dozen eggs in ,so I guess it is now NOT in PID mode...I cannot thank you enough for all the time and help you have given me ,best regards Jon

21 day's before the chickens hatch ,these eggs are from my own birds but if I was to sell them I could about $75 a dozen ,and my old incubator was full already

Latest posts

Back