Brewmasters warehouse American amber recipe.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petey_c

Reaction score
I recently purchase my first all grain brew kit from Brewmasters Warehouse (also my first AG brew). There are no guides as to steeping times, etc.
http://www.brewmasterswarehouse.com/recipe/b63e1414/
Here's the ingredient list, can anyone be of assistance? I won't have the fermenting space for another two weeks or so time is not of the essence. Thanks, Pete

Well, with an all-grain batch you won't have steeping times.

Generally speaking, you'd mash at 154 (depending on your preference and your system) for an hour and then sparge.

I'd probably get more grains, because you may not hit 75% efficiency with your first AG. You could plan on hitting 65-70%, though, so if a lower OG is ok with you, you could do it as is.

http://www.brewersfriend.com/mash/

That is your friend. I rely on that website heavily when planning out my brew day with all grain.

154 mash for 1 hour like Yooper said. Then drain your wort. Then add more water to your Tun. Let it sit for 20 minutes or so. Drain again. You should have about 6.5 gallons at this point. Now brew as you would with extract.

YooperBrew/bryanjints, First of all thanks for the advice. I think I may have over extended my self here. My ingredients are resting in the brewery (basement) fridge. As I read through some other threads and J Palmer's book, I started to feel overwhelmed by new terms and chemistry. Here's the way I think it should go:
Mash grains @~154 deg. F for 1 hour in about 3.5 gals water. Drain off most liquid (save to brew kettle). Sparge grains with ~165 deg. F water for about 20 mins. Drain to brew kettle. At start of full (rolling) boil add 1 oz Centennial hops. @ 50 mins. add 1/2 oz. Cascade hops, @ 55 mins. add 1/2 oz Cascade, @ finish add 1 oz Cascade. Chill wort down to about 70 deg. F. Take OG. Pitch yeast. Pour into primary fermenter. Cover and ferment for about 3 weeks. I tried to make this post the, "Dick and Jane" version (for my benefit). Like I said, I won't be starting this for another couple of weeks. In the mean time, I'll be doing more research, and may even delay this until late Sept. Thanks again for the advice. Pete

That's basically it. Good job!

BobbyM really lays it out best in a couple videos, though your equipment may vary a little:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back