• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wort chiller (IC whirlpool) and frozen yeast bank kit - Los Angeles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain_Bigelow

Reaction score
Local pick up from me in Hollywood Hills.

1. chiller
50ft 1/2" copper whirlpool chiller, will extra arm to whirlpool. It attaches to a pump to recirculate the wort via hoses. It cooled me my 5 gallon batches in less than 15 minutes. Can also be used without pump as traditional ic, but will take a little longer to cool.
$65

wortchiller.jpg

wortchiller2.jpg

2. frozen yeast bank kit
I used to cultivate and freeze my yeast. Saved me a bunch of money and meant that I could keep those seasonal or limited edition yeasts all year round. Includes a pressure cooker to sanitize, about 50+ glass vials, lab beaker, some gycerine, stainless steel turkey baser, instructions etc.
Here is a link to what it is all about...
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/wiki/index.php/Yeast_bank
$50

yeastkit.jpg

Willing to ship the yeast bank kit? (Read it as shipping the chiller would be a PITA)

Back