help stuck in a rut

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eriktlupus

Reaction score
ive got everything available to brew with but i just can't seem to decide on a recipe to brew. don't need ed's hpa got 5g in the keg aging

ingredient list
55# pilsener
7# 2row
8-9#wheat
1#ea of 10L, 20L, 40L, 60L, 120L
2#flaked barley
1#flaked maize
>1# ea special b, roasted barley, patent malt
10 oz cascade leaf
6 oz amarillo leaf
7 oz nugget leaf
2 oz mt hood
2 oz galena
2 oz perle
1 oz cluster
2 oz cascade
3 oz challenger
4 oz saaz
3 oz bramling cross

mostly i like pales and ipas, 5 gal capacity

thanks all

You got all the ingredients for my upcoming ESB. Or just a plain old golden. Pick a hop, use half pils, half 2 row and 3/4 lb 60L. The Saaz look great...I say go with them.

Make a dry stout.

65% pale
25% flaked barley
10% roasted

Mash very low (~150F)

1 60 minute hops addition to get a BU:GU of about 0.9

Nottingham or another highly attenuative yeast.

You can make about anything with what you have.

Belgian Strong Golden
Kolsch
Blonde Ale
Bitter
ESB
Scotish Ale
Wee Heavy
Irish Red
Need I keep going?

no brewsmith just not having any getupngo this week i guess. i just bottled your old helicon BW on 2/28. have ed's hpa on deck for the kegerator when my amarillo SMaSH blows. bottled the 888ris on 2/12. and my sunset wheat on 3/2. sause just bout has me convinced to try an imperial pilsener over in chat tho:mug:

How about a kolsch? Or maybe a clone of New Belgium's "Hoppy Bock?" I'm a big fan of darker, maltier brews, but I gotta say I do love the kolsch & the Hoppy Bock.
Regards, GF.

Its topics like these that make me wish software/websites like beersmith or the HBT recipes list had an app where you enter what you have in stock and how you brew (AG/PM/AE) and it would provide a list of what you can make. That or I wish I were motivated and talented enough of a coder to make my own.

How about a kolsch? Or maybe a clone of New Belgium's "Hoppy Bock?" I'm a big fan of darker, maltier brews, but I gotta say I do love the kolsch & the Hoppy Bock.
Regards, GF.

Considering this was from five years ago, I really hope he got it figured out by now. Otherwise it would be a REALLY big waste of ingredients.

Just sayin....

The problem is I haven't brewed for like 3 yrs. Stopped and haven't gotten the motivation to do a brewday since we did the last utopia clone here in michigan

Back