Can any Richmond VA area brewers help a guy out?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danielinva

Reaction score
Do any of my fellow Richmonders and or Central Virginians have about a pound of 6-row they can spare? I accidentally ordered the wrong wheat for a hefeweizen and I may need the extra enzymes to convert the mash. I would just drive over to Weekend Brewer in Chester, but they are apparently on vacation.

They are on vacation until the 28th I believe. I have about 30 lbs of Maris Otter, does that help?

EDIT: MO is a two-row variety, so probably no. Sorry.

I have some available, but I'm much too far away in Ohio. Anyway, I would suggest to proceed without it and just extend your mash time an additional 30 minutes or even longer if you have the patience. IIRC, enzymes denature over time, but not all at the same time. IOW, they have a half life period. Enzymes will denature over time, but some will remain active for a considerable period and probably long enough to get the work done for you.

Thanks. I imagine I can find something to do for an extra 30 minutes. I'll probably wait at least 90 minutes before I start testing for conversion.

Back