Temperature Controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it your intent to use this to maintain an air-conditioner or heater to keep a room at a specific temp? If so, looks like it will do that just fine.

I've got it inside my fridge now, with a ceramic heater plugged into it. I need to dial it in some (the heater heated up the fridge too quickly), but I think it will maintain temps with no problems.

Fingers said:
It only goes down to 45º F. That may not be low enough if you want to use it for lagering.

Yeah....I thought of that. But I saw this on the shelf and thought I'd give it a shot. I think it's a quick and easy answer for anyone just doing ales. And, since it goes to 45, you could get pretty close to the lower temps by just using the fridge directly. If I were using a freezer, it obviously wouldn't work.

I am going the freezer route myself and got the temp controller from Beer Beer and More Beer

Trip

Interesting...

It says that the temp differential is adjustable, what kind of settings are available? Could be a decent option if you don't want to lager.

Also, it should work fine on a freezer, as long as you don't need to get below 45F.

Scimmia said:
Interesting...

It says that the temp differential is adjustable, what kind of settings are available? Could be a decent option if you don't want to lager.

Also, it should work fine on a freezer, as long as you don't need to get below 45F.

The temp differential is adjustable from 1-9 degrees. So far it's been holding my fridge at 68-69 for about 12 hours.

Back