added priming sugar a little late?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozzy616

Reaction score
My first batch ever. I transfered the beer to my bottling bucket, before adding my priming sugar/water mix. I ended up adding it after and slowly, gently stirred it around. Any one know if this going to be a problem? Also when turning on the spigot from the bottling bucket there seemed to be a lot of air from the hose backing into the bucket, but I don't know anyway around this...

ozzy616 said:
My first batch ever. I transfered the beer to my bottling bucket, before adding my priming sugar/water mix. I ended up adding it after and slowly, gently stirred it around. Any one know if this going to be a problem? Also when turning on the spigot from the bottling bucket there seemed to be a lot of air from the hose backing into the bucket, but I don't know anyway around this...

I know it is recommended that you put the sugar solution in the bucket then rack the beer onto it, but I do it the way you did and haven't had a problem. Not saying it's the way to go or anything, just that I 've brewed/bottled almost 40 batches and it's worked for me.

Air in the bottling hose is also common. Not ideal, but it happens. It won't ruin your beer.

Just FYI it turned out great. Much better than I expected for my first ever batch. And it sure didn't last long. Got my next batch set for next weekend.

Back