You still buy Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tombraider2

Reaction score
I love my home brew but still buy beer. I like Bud to, I'm a big fan of the Diamond Knot IPA's that is made locally. Yesterday I bought 6-22 oncers of it, Saving the bottles, a 6 pack of Steelhead Double IPA and some of that Dog Fish head Pumpkin. I've been wanting to try that pumpkin stuff.

So what do you buy and like out side your Home Brewing :mug:

Everything I don't have on tap or in bottles at any given time. I probably buy more beer now that I brew. I'm always trying something new. Plus, sometimes I just want something I don't have.

Outside of homebrewed beer, I like commerical packaged beer.

Playing TombRaider Underworld on XBox360. I'd so ravage toon croft!

The only beer I've actually bought in the past number of weeks has been a case of PBR, 4 pack of La Fin Du Monde, and a 750 of Tank 7. I've been pretty happy with what homebrew I've got in stock, so my trips to the beer store have gone down drastically.

Going out on a limb here, got to say my favorite beer is still Carlsberg. But mostly I support craft breweries for superior flavour and beer more often than not. But every now and then, I'll still get a hankering, get some Carlsberg and watch some footie.

I've got 4 full kegs + about 150 bottles of home brew sitting in my basement and somehow I managed to accidently spend $70 at the local beer store...

I heard you my wife almost killed me when she saw that i spent €100 worth in beer after expending €200 in grain hops and a few miscelanneous

I brew mostly the beers i drink regularly, I prefer to buy specialty brews like ipa's and wee heavies.

Sours...expensive and delicious, also one of the styles I haven't gotten around to brewing yet. I tend to drop a fair amount of coin on limited release IPAs as well.

I don´t know why but it just seems that I can´t enjoy some sours (I like flemish reds and berliner weisse) but I can´t deal with any kind of lambic, been in Brussels a couple of times, tried everything that I could try and still I can´t develope a taste for lambics, these annoys me cause I´m the kind of guy that basicly likes everything and when I don´t like something I keep trying it until I develope a taste but this has been impossible with sours. Off topic I know but waht the hell!

I really only drink Home Brew..... I guess I should buy craft beer to sample what's trending, but I can't even drink everything that I brew so I find it hard to justify spending money on store bought

I typically buy styles I'm interested in brewing, and other styles I know I probably won't brew because I dislike bottling and don't want anything north of 7.5ish abv on tap - so I'll by big beers as I don't brew many of them. Same goes for the occasional sour beer too.

I must say, I buy substantially less beer than I did before brewing. I, however, do not deny myself something that I see on the shelves! It could be anything really from DFH, Stone, Founders, Six Point, Lagunitas, Schneider's or pretty much anything else that looks interesting!

CBelli said:
I really only drink Home Brew..... I guess I should buy craft beer to sample what's trending, but I can't even drink everything that I brew so I find it hard to justify spending money on store bought

+1

I only drink non-homebrew about once a month with buddies. Three or four of us split a while bunch of 650ml bottles, that way we can sample a lot at once and figure out what to brew. Other than that, I have to be at a pub to drink anything else.

I drink slowly, so I tend not to have more than 4 different beers on hand ready to drink at any one time. Right now that's a red, an Oktoberfest, a hefe, and a blond ale. If I want anything else, I go grab a few at the store. (Planning a dark Belgian and maybe a Christmas stout as soon as I clear out some bottles...)

I heard you my wife almost killed me when she saw that i spent €100 worth in beer after expending €200 in grain hops and a few miscelanneous

Been there... several times. It's never pretty.

I buy commercial on a pretty consistent basis because even though my pipeline is starting to get back to where it was before I transferred, I still love trying new beers and some of my old favorites from the before times. I just had some DFH 90 last week (first time in a couple years) and that was the second craft beer I ever had.

I wish that DFH was more available out here on the West Cost.

And I will love to get any american beer fresh in Spain, Rogue, Sierra Nevada, Southern Tier are easy to find anything else you have to have conections, thank God I can still get some Stone and sometimes DFH from friends. On the other hand it´s really easy to get anything from Belgium ¨(yes even the hard to get ones) I love belgians but I enjoy a lot more the hop slap that the american brews have.

I brew about once a week, but I some how find myself in the beer store twice a week. Mostly because I'm good friends with the employees and brewers, and they always seem have something hidden away in the back for me to take home. That and I have to keep up with everyone in my tasting group.

I usually buy beers to taste various takes on a style or see what a new brewery has to offer, keeps me in touch with whats going outside of my own little world.

Been drinking wine lately though :eek:

I used to only really drink what I brewed unless I was out but my time has gotten so sparse, I don't get to brew that often anymore. My wife would complain about brew days so I started to buy more beer. Now when she freaks out over the money I spent on nice beer I say "well I could have brewed a whole batch for that much money but I haven't brewed in awhile." This technique got me my last brew day. I may need to up the scale and bring home a whole keg and tell her the kegerator doesn't work right unless it's full.

I used to only really drink what I brewed unless I was out but my time has gotten so sparse, I don't get to brew that often anymore. My wife would complain about brew days so I started to buy more beer. Now when she freaks out over the money I spent on nice beer I say "well I could have brewed a whole batch for that much money but I haven't brewed in awhile." This technique got me my last brew day. I may need to up the scale and bring home a whole keg and tell her the kegerator doesn't work right unless it's full.

I think I´m lucky my wife loves when I brew and helps me a lot... I don´t think I will be able to put with her is she will be any different.

That's a good Wife, mine don't drink beer at all. But she just texted me from Costco and said she get me a 36 pack of Bud, yard work is coming and out door burning, if it rains.

I'll generally spend $100/mo on beers I've never had before or commercial examples of beer that I'm planning to make. One of my guilty pleasures (among many) is Sam Adams Rauchbier. I could never make a full batch of that stuff, but a bottle here and there satisfies my bacon beer needs. I've had it at least a half dozens times and it's still a confusing beer to me.

I still buy a lot of beer. I havent brewed in a while (since saturday me and a friend split a batch) so i get a lot of different kinds to have variety. I cant drink the same beer over and over again I have to mix it up. I rarely have the same beer in one night. I'm going on a trip to Colorado soon so i'll be hauling a bunch of beer i cant get here in Texas.

Yup i tend to still drink good beers. I also have a hard time drinking the same brew over again.

I love going to my local pub anywhere from 15 to 20 crafts on tap (no BMC) and a beer to go list like the size of woodmans, actually even more rare beers there then woodmans, gotta pay $1 or $2 more (depends) but I can have several on tap then take a 25 oz bottle to go or a 6er or 4 pack. Craft beer is to big to drink the same all the time.

I really want the scaldist prestige de nuits 25 oz bottle thats 41 bucks. Anyone ever had it?

Yup. I like to try new beers and it's nice to see what's new and to try beers you can't easily make yourself. And it's nice to be able to try limited release beers. I like to go to the bar near my house because they have over 150 craft beers.

The last beer I bought is two brothers heavy handed wet hopped IPA.

Trying to not buy beer this winter and drink all homebrew.

I mostly buy Sierra Nevada seasonal beers - most everything else in craft is too pricey these days for me anyways. I'll splurge on a Belgian ale once in a while.

I usually buy seasonals and beers that I have cloned, to do side-by-side tastings. If I am interested in jumping into a new style for my homebrew, I usually purchase a few of the higher-rated craft brews in that style to help me understand their style better. I rarely buy the same beer twice.

It may just be fall setting in but I'm currently buying more beer now... It seems that since I've started brewing I must try everything off the shelf to determine what the next batch may be. :)

I buy all varieties of commercial beer but when I'm planning a brew I like to buy a bunch of whatever style I want to make.

I did buy a lot of beer recently, I was out of empty bottles and needed a couple of cases. My liver was killing me for a while after that.

loud1 said:
I did buy a lot of beer recently, I was out of empty bottles and needed a couple of cases. My liver was killing me for a while after that.

I wake up in the morning and my liver is having a cup of coffee. Dennis Leary no cure for cancer (stand up comedy 92)

Everything I don't have on tap or in bottles at any given time. I probably buy more beer now that I brew. I'm always trying something new. Plus, sometimes I just want something I don't have.

This! Exactly! I'd say I'm 50/50 these days...

yep

I typically buy styles I'm interested in brewing, and other styles I know I probably won't brew because I dislike bottling and don't want anything north of 7.5ish abv on tap - so I'll by big beers as I don't brew many of them. Same goes for the occasional sour beer too.

uh-huh

It may just be fall setting in but I'm currently buying more beer now... It seems that since I've started brewing I must try everything off the shelf to determine what the next batch may be. :)

this

Outside of homebrewed beer, I like commerical packaged beer.

Playing TombRaider Underworld on XBox360. I'd so ravage toon croft!

As toon gila on toon croft or as rl gila on toon croft?

Back