Champagne Bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harrymanback92

Reaction score
So I have 18 cases of champagne bottles and 2 Belgians coming up, how can I use these?

I know some can be capped, but they're to big for my capper, so where can I get a capper that will fit?

If I wanted to cork them, what corker do I need?

I guess my third option are those plastic corks and cages, has anyone had luck with those?

If there's some resources that are out there send 'em my way.

I have the colonna combo capper corker. It comes with the 29mm bell that fits those caps.

Midwest is out of the 29mm caps but the 29mm bell is/was still in stock.

It's only the European bottles that need the bigger caps, the American ones will take regular caps and use a regular capper. They are great, no worries about bottle bombs.

Sweet. And what do I need if I wanted to cork? I have a sour coming up next October (currently aging in a syrah barrel) and think, presentation wise, corks would be great.

I corked with one of those double lever corkers. It was very difficult. If you really want to do it right, you'll need a corker with a stand. Otherwise, the presentation looked great and makes my corked bottles seem special.

Latest posts

Back