Revenge is a dish best served cold

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

todd_k

Reaction score
So SWMBO scared the hell out of me last night and I need a good way to get back at her. Here's what happened:
I unpacked my Halloween costume last night and hung it on a door to try and get some of the wrinkles out. Basically it's a black suit with a black hood with black fabric across the face that you see out of but others can't see in. I went to bed at 10:30, SWMBO was out at happy "hour" with her co-workers and got home at about 12:45. She proceeds to put on my Halloween costume, come into the dark bedroom and stand over me while I'm sleeping. Of course I wake up to this black thing over me and nearly crapped myself.
This morning I told her I wasn't mad but it's a good thing that she falls asleep on the couch every Friday night by 11:30. Should I do something to get back at her or just mess with her mind and make her think I'm going to do something to her?

I go with the messing with mind route. Psycological terror is much better. Keep acting funny and doing suspicious things to make her think you are planning something. It will drive her crazy

todd_k said:
So SWMBO scared the hell out of me last night and I need a good way to get back at her. Here's what happened:
I unpacked my Halloween costume last night and hung it on a door to try and get some of the wrinkles out. Basically it's a black suit with a black hood with black fabric across the face that you see out of but others can't see in. I went to bed at 10:30, SWMBO was out at happy "hour" with her co-workers and got home at about 12:45. She proceeds to put on my Halloween costume, come into the dark bedroom and stand over me while I'm sleeping. Of course I wake up to this black thing over me and nearly crapped myself.
This morning I told her I wasn't mad but it's a good thing that she falls asleep on the couch every Friday night by 11:30. Should I do something to get back at her or just mess with her mind and make her think I'm going to do something to her?

Your SWMBO and mine would get along famously. That's just the sort of crap she likes to pull on me.

Like 2nd Street said. Psychological warfare. Works every time. They never know when it's coming that way. ;)

Ize

Ize said:
Your SWMBO and mine would get along famously. That's just the sort of crap she likes to pull on me.

Like 2nd Street said. Psychological warfare. Works every time. They never know when it's coming that way. ;)

Ize

Screw that, I think you should shrink wrap her to the sofa.

::while tenting my fingers:: Excellent...... I think I will go with messing with her for a while then after she has forgotten about this, then spring something on her. Anyone know where they sell roaches by the pound? ;)

todd_k said:
::while tenting my fingers:: Excellent...... I think I will go with messing with her for a while then after she has forgotten about this, then spring something on her. Anyone know where they sell roaches by the pound? ;)

haha, they sell crickets at the pet store.. Or fuzzies, even better.

A pile of dead crickets, or crawfish, or something like that... something crunchy... spread out on the floor on her side of the bed for her to step on at 6:00 in the morning. Good times.

You can find cat toys that at first glance look like mice at pet stores, usually less then 50 cents . . .strategicly placed they work great

You can also find rubber bugs like roaches at various science like stores, Natures Wonder and such . . . also work out very well. The important thing here is not to get ones that are too big

If you have a source, dead cockroaches covered in hairsrpay to neutralize the eggs they carry also get a good reaction.

There are also many many ways to set up strange noises with fishing line and such that can be used on que that are loads of fun (for you) for months

Pumbaa said:
You can find cat toys that at first glance look like mice at pet stores, usually less then 50 cents . . .strategicly placed they work great

See, this wouldn't work with my wife. The other night, she yelled up at me that there was a mouse in the bathroom and that the damn cat wouldn't kill it, it was just playing with it. I figured, hell, she's a girl, she'll be freaked out by the mouse, but instead she just sat down on the toilet and did her business while I got the mouse. Didn't phase her at all.

you know that's funny that you mention those fake bugs, she tends to wake up during the night yelling that she sees a snake, scorpion, bugs, etc, at first it used to scare the hell out of me because I'd be in a dead sleep and she would start yelling. Now I just laugh at her and roll over.

Perhaps instead of praying on her issues with terror give her the old flaming bag on the porch trick.

When she thinks you are at work put a bit of dog poo in there and light it up and ring the door bell.

You guys are lucky, if i scared her like that or pulled a prank on her she would be uber pissed. She lacks that jack ass jean that seems to be prevalent in my genetic make up.

You NEED to do something to get back at her! But honestly, that was a pretty good prank. That would have scared the crap out of me.

Back