Is this microbrewery system a good deal?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Possibly. I didn't feel like going through the whole post. Shipping would be insane for me, and brewing that much beer without a license is illegal. I know most of us probably go over the legal limits in our states (or don't care), but that's pushing it. I'm sure you paid much more to build that than $9500, but the truth is, I think anyone interested in buying brewery equipment is going to buy larger than a 40 gallon system. This would be something a homebrewer might drool over, but never find it practical enough to buy. I don't think I could drink 720 gallons of beer a month with all of my friends helping me.

there are some concerns I would have with this set up, what size batch are you brewing? 720 gal a month isn't telling you much. The fermenters are plastic (on a commercial scale I would be concerned about scratches harboring contaminants). It looks like it would brew some beer though

40 gallon batches... eh. It's way too big for a homebrew scale, and I'd say way too small for a commercial scale. Also?

It will put you on the map with tourists and can pay for itself the first year. Brewing beer is very easy. Free consulting and phone support is included.

No mention at all about licenses, taxes, etc. He's going to sell that to someone who's going to get their ass hauled in by the TTB.

It is a very good deal at this price. Incredible really.

260 cornies
40 gallon brew system with all tri clamp sanitary welded connections.
2 chillzillas
several conicals
and all the other goodies.

The cornies alone at $20 a piece would cost you $5,200...

If you want to brew some big batches (many do, even here) this would be a very good place to start IMO.

I know a guy that is looking to go pro. I'll point him at that auction, no guarantee he will go for it though, I think he is looking to start a little bigger. Could be a good pilot system for someone that is much larger maybe?

Not a very good price for a used 1 barrel system. I've seen 7-barrel systems go for less than $20K. On the other hand, you could recover part of the price selling the 260 cornies.

The cost on the fermenting tanks with stands is about a thousand dollars and there are 6 included, so for each additional one of those purchased you would be able to add 120 gallons per month capacity. This system as-is was keeping up with a restaurant that had $15,000 - $20,000 in total alcohol+food sales per week with 13 microbrews on tap. The brewer was working 1-2 days a week brewing 3 - 40 gallon batches per day.

Here is a link for a complete microbrewery system for sale on ebay. Starting at $9,500 with no reserve. Is it a good deal?

SafariBrew said:
The cost on the fermenting tanks with stands is about a thousand dollars and there are 6 included, so for each additional one of those purchased you would be able to add 120 gallons per month capacity. This system as-is was keeping up with a restaurant that had $15,000 - $20,000 in total alcohol+food sales per week with 13 microbrews on tap. The brewer was working 1-2 days a week brewing 3 - 40 gallon batches per day.

Looks like a lot of stuff for the money, but how about coming on and saying "Hey, I have this for sale" instead of spamming with your first post and then moving into sales pitch mode with your second post?

Latest posts

Back