Of interest: Beer Harmony

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great play on a ridiculous concept. I must say it nailed me down pretty well. It paired me with their Venom Pale and I'm actually a very big fan of the style. I can't say I've ever tried any of their brews though. Anyone give them a shot?

Slightly off-topic, but I did the test and then went to the DuClaw brewing website. Did anyone see the flash demo they had that outlined the process of brewing beer? I thought it was pretty aweseome and very well put together.

Go to this link: http://www.duclaw.com/ourbeers.asp; and click Brew Process

Shmohel said:
Slightly off-topic, but I did the test and then went to the DuClaw brewing website. Did anyone see the flash demo they had that outlined the process of brewing beer? I thought it was pretty aweseome and very well put together.

Go to this link: http://www.duclaw.com/ourbeers.asp; and click Brew Process

It picked the venom for me too.

You know, I'm still raked about not going to Duclaw when I was in Baltimore for the homebrewer's conference. I've heard nothing but great stuff about the beer AND food. Well, not making that mistake again. I made reservations for a 3 day stay in B-more in September. I'll have plenty of Duclaw then. :)

OK wait. I got matched with Venom too. Is that the only type beer they make? :D I'm going to do it again to pick to most off the wall answers and see if I can get a different style.

2nd Street Brewery said:
OK wait. I got matched with Venom too. Is that the only type beer they make? :D I'm going to do it again to pick to most off the wall answers and see if I can get a different style.

Geez...they matched me with Venom too...and I HATE pale ales. Methinks there's a conspiracy here :mad:

I think the only thing it used was my song choice. First was "Bad Moon Porter". I went back and changed it to Heart of Glass, and it came up "Kangaroo Lager", or some crap.

What did trhey not understand about "hops, hops, and more hops"?!!

Yea, another venom. I thought it might be related to the snake skin I found on my back porch the other day though. And why is my dog walking with a limp :confused:

desertBrew said:
Yea, another venom. I thought it might be related to the snake skin I found on my back porch the other day though. And why is my dog walking with a limp :confused:

Dang, synchronicity! My dog's walking with a limp too. Of course it may have something to do with him getting "fixed" the other day, but I think it's much more likely that our dogs, your snakeskin, and DuClaw's cheesy poll are somehow related in the grand scheme of things. :confused:

Since we're on this topic, I go outside where the snakeskin was and this guy's hanging out there. Had to put something out there to reference his size so... He was pretty cool so I figured I'd make an avatar out of this guy; at least til football season starts ;)

I do believe I live on an ancient burial ground of some sort.

tarantula-beer-websize.jpg

Now that is totally cool. :) I've had "close encounters" with horned toads, scorpians, rattlesnakes, coral snakes, sea snakes, and even a bear once, but I've never seen a tarantulla up close. Did you pick him up and let him crawl all over you?

El Pistolero said:
Now that is totally cool. :) I've had "close encounters" with horned toads, scorpians, rattlesnakes, coral snakes, sea snakes, and even a bear once, but I've never seen a tarantulla up close. Did you pick him up and let him crawl all over you?

Nah on letting him crawl on me. Guess they can bite and it's painful but you gotta piss them off. He did seem a little pissed when I took his beer away. Got all puffy and macho like he wanted to start a bar fight.

Don't care for bugs (especially scorpions!) but these guys are so big there more cuddly looking than anything and they eat scorpions and other buggers. I'm on an acre and if I go outside at night with a spotlight in July/Aug there all over the place. It's cool as their eyes glow green in the light. They live in the ground in mouse holes which is another good thing as I don't believe they cohabitate ;)

misfit_red.jpg

Which of the following celebrities do you find most attractive?: Pamela Anderson
When I dine out, my dinner of choice is: Cheeseburger and fries
The best tool for conflict resolution is: A loaded .44 Magnum
Beer is a staple in my diet because: I enjoy fine, hand-crafted beer
Highest Level of education completed: Evil Genius
When it comes to alcohol content in my beer, I prefer: An average amount
My friends would probably describe me as: Obnoxious
When it comes to exotic flavors, I prefer: Hops, hops and more hops
When I go to a bar, it’s usually to: Drink some tasty, hand-crafted beer, get drunk, and hit on the bartender
When I order a pint, I expect it to: Compliment my food
My favorite thing about a beer is usually: The head
Of the following songs, which is your favorite?: Bad Moon Rising by Creedence Clearwater Revival

I kept answering that I liked dark beers, lots of roasted malts, high alcohol content, but I ended up being matched with "Kangaroo Lager" or whatever it was. Come on! I don't want to spend the rest of my life with a lager!!! I want an ale!!! Preferably a stout or porter.

I see a divorce in my future. ;)

Appropriately enough, I came up Porter. I was hesitant to answer the hot model question, thinking that'd throw it off. I don't think I've ever seen an ad with a model holding a porter or a stout...despite Guinness being "good for you."

2nd Street Brewery said:
Hey, don't be dissin' my lagers!! :mad: ;)
Oh, so you're a lager kinda man eh?

I've had mixed results with lagers... some good, some bad. The last lager I tried, (pilsner) cheated on me. She was a beautiful German blonde, but a real cold (fermenting) beyotch. She left a bad taste in my mouth. I'm sure I'll see another lager, and even a pilsner, but I'll be more careful, because I don't want to get hurt again. In fact, I may have to use the old line, "Can we just be friends?"

Ales, on the other hand, are hot (fermenting). And they "put out" (shorter fermenting and conditioning times) a lot quicker. Give me a hot, ebony ale, and I'm set for life. ;)

andre the giant said:
Oh, so you're a lager kinda man eh?

I've had mixed results with lagers... some good, some bad. The last lager I tried, (pilsner) cheated on me. She was a beautiful German blonde, but a real cold (fermenting) beyotch. She left a bad taste in my mouth. I'm sure I'll see another lager, and even a pilsner, but I'll be more careful, because I don't want to get hurt again. In fact, I may have to use the old line, "Can we just be friends?"

Ales, on the other hand, are hot (fermenting). And they "put out" (shorter fermenting and conditioning times) a lot quicker. Give me a hot, ebony ale, and I'm set for life. ;)

See, ales are like blondes. Always good looking and worth a run about. Lagers are like brunettes. Generally are pretty decent, with less numbers of quality than blondes. But, those that are at the pinnacle of beauty can really knock your socks off (Ayinger Celebrator).

(as for homebrewing, never have made a lager)

Andre
I have nothing against Ales. Have a nice English Ale bottled right now. I just prefer Lagers. The jury's still out on Porters and Stouts. Wheats are good, IPAs leave me a little puckered sometimes though. I'm not much of a hop head, but isn't that what homebrewing is all about? Making the beer you like the way you like it.

2nd Street Brewery said:
isn't that what homebrewing is all about? Making the beer you like the way you like it.

The way I like it..... hmmmm, the darker the better! (when I am not in my hop the **** out of it mode)

I guess you can say I like the extremes, extreme hops, or extreme malt.

I agree 2nd street... make beer the way you like it.

I don't mind lagers, I was just disallusioned that Beer Harmony picked a light lager when I made it blatantly obvious that I liked lots of alcohol, roasted malt flavors, to be dark as night... I guess what screwed me is when I said that I liked the song, "land down under" by Men at Work. If I use "bad moon rising" I end up getting the proper answer... Bad Moon Porter, but I really like "Land down under" better.

Back