how many kegs do you guy average on a 5# tank?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicknoty

Reaction score
i think my valve may be leaking cause it dropped from 300psi to near zero with the valve shut overnight, just trying to get an idea i did like 5 5gal batches just force carb no force filter and the tank was full at like 1500-2000psi. keg aren't leaking

Is it in the fridge, when I first started I put my tank in the fridge and the pressure dropped then I realized it was from the gas getting cold.

Max pressure on a full tank should be about 600. At 300 it is basically empty and the pressure will fall fast. To the original question 5 kegs is probably about right if you force carbed some and displaced some and had other losses. I use about 2 5# bottles a year.

Is it in the fridge, when I first started I put my tank in the fridge and the pressure dropped then I realized it was from the gas getting cold.

No, its outside the fridge and the lines are run through the side and chalked. I know what you mean with the low temp psi drop from dealing with welding gas

Back