What's a fair price for a 15.5 gallon keg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mangine77

Reaction score
There is a distributor in town that will sell them to me for $30. This sounds like a steal to me, but I have no idea. Is this a good deal for a 15.5 gallon half keg?

How much cost is involved in transforming this into a keggle??

thats a great price... that doesnt sound right though. Most distributors have asked for between 50-150 bucks depending on condition. Where do you live?

There is a distributor in town that will sell them to me for $30. This sounds like a steal to me, but I have no idea. Is this a good deal for a 15.5 gallon half keg?

How much cost is involved in transforming this into a keggle??

Yes it's a good deal.

All you need is a good cutting tool and a little patience...

Like me.......

Keggle_3.JPG

That's a fair price for a keg. Cost for keggle transformation will vary.

You'll need a way to get the top off. If you have an angle grinder already, you are good to go. Otherwise you'll either be buying one or paying someone to do it.

Welded fittings will cost more, but a weldless fitting and the associated bit needed to drill through stainless should cost no more than $50-60.

All and all, it could vary from 100-200 dollars depending on what access you have to tools and equipment or if you have to pay to get it done. Still way cheaper than buying one from an online source.

$30 is the standard deposit around here. I can walk in and hand them $30 for an empty one to. But it'll be one that is damn old and maybe a bit beaten up.

thats a great price... that doesnt sound right though. Most distributors have asked for between 50-150 bucks depending on condition. Where do you live?

I live in NW Pennsylvania. Everything seems to be cheaper here. I should go buy a couple of these before he changes his price.

I have a buddy that is a plumber and I have a feeling he might have the tools and know-how to do some of the converting.

It's kind of like plumbing right?:cross:

Back