Just Brewed... So Satisfying... Ahhh

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5gBrewer

Reaction score
Well, I just brewed that IIPA I've been talking about making for a few weeks now :ban: <-- Have you ever really tried to dance like this??? Really.

This is going to be one big bad beer, boys and girls.

6 lbs LME Gold (Full 60 minute boil)
3 lbs DME Gold (Late Extract Addition; last 20 minutes of boil)
1 lbs Specialty Grains (.75lb crystal 40, .25???) Steeped for 1 hour @ 150F
2 oz Warrior Hops (plugs) 17.5 alpha!!! 60 min.
3 oz Cascade Hops (pellets) 5.1 alpha added at 10, 30, 50

I racked this fugger on top of my last IPA yeast cake. The blowoff is attached and ready for action. If all goes according to plan, this puppy ought to be moving in a couple of hours.

The other IPA is doing nicely, and had a gravity of 1.010 I'm going to leave it in secondary for a week or so, at a lower temperature, then bottle it.

5gB

Ha! Yeah, I know. I threw the plastic bag out before I wrote it down. I'm sure it's going to rule the wasteland.

5gB

5gBrewer said:
:ban: <-- Have you ever really tried to dance like this??? Really.
Actually, yes. I was describing the dancing banana for my wife and I just had to imitate it. She thinks my version is funnier. I'm not so sure. :D

Wow, what was our OG? IBUs? I am upset, my stout is at home bubbling away and I dont even get to see the primary ferment!!! It started at 1.061... should be tasty!

Brewpilot

Brewpilot said:
Wow, what was our OG? IBUs? I am upset, my stout is at home bubbling away and I dont even get to see the primary ferment!!! It started at 1.061... should be tasty!

Brewpilot

I wish I could tell ya, BrewPilot. I got this carboy, and I'm a little lazy about pulling wort from it just to test the gravity. Sounds crazy, I know. I've been an Ale Pail sort of guy just until recently. Gravity readings from the pail are a snap.

I considered mixing my wort and water up in a separte bucket so I can test the gravity, and then move it to the carboy, but again... there's the laziness, and the worry of an extra racking causing an infection.

It's sure to be BIG though :rockin:

5gB

Back