• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: Simcoe hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dupell13

Reaction score
I can not find these in my area right now and plan on making double IPA using Simcoe. I am interested in a pound or more sore if someone out there is willing to tap into there reserves I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

I usually buy a couple lbs when new crop comes out , so I dont have to do whay your doing. Then I have them all year

Well that doesn't exactly help his current situation... lol

I've got a pound of whole leaf Simcoe in my keezer. I think they are from last years harvest, but they are still sealed and should be good. If you are interested, shoot me a PM.

If you get no luck with the Simcoe, use Summit. Almost an exact replacement IMO.
tom

i don't think summit is a replacement for simcoe at all. would be nice but there is a reason simcoe is hard to find and summit can be had for a song.

While summit has a wonderful aroma. It's not a full on match. They've mixed prolly 4 different hops to get close with a mix, but not a straight across swap yet

I bought some Simcoe from Midwest last week; they popped back into inventory. I think you're limited to 6 or 8 oz though

Midwest Supplies still had some last week when I ordered mine. Still shows them in stock

Latest posts

Back