What can I do with this?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spareparts

Reaction score
I rescued this from a coffee percolator. It's stainless steel and has raised slots stamped in to the lid and the base and a stainless steel tube. I'm thinking that there's some way to incorporate this as a filter or manifold for all grain. Just looking for brainstorming ideas before my wife makes me toss it out.

DSC01112.jpg

looks like a decent false bottom if you could fit it into your mash tun.

if you hold it vertical you make all the holes on the bottom half on the right and on the top half you make all the holes on the left. kinda like spinning sprinklers.

You have to provide some type of scale or dimensions. I do not know if that is 3 inches or 30 inches across. Being that it did come from a coffee peculator which are closer to 3 inches across I say make a hopback.

I don't have it with me at work right now but this thing came from a large 50 cup percolator. It's about 9 to 10 inches across.

A buddy of mine does small one gallon all grain batches using a short walmart bought cooler and a steamer basket as the false bottom. Works great for him. Sounds like you could set up something similar for test batches.

Back