Sierra Nevada Anniversary 2008

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whisler85

Reaction score
I must say, im really loving this brew right now, but i think its just because its two bucks cheaper for twelve than the original pale ale...

also, i kind of have trouble telling the difference- there seems to be a difference in color (anniversary slightly darker) and maybe a little more hop brightness, but they seem to be too similar to one another to make it worth my while

I just finished the last SNAA I had in my fridge tonight! I really stretched out that 12 pack due to other beers on supply.

The chinook makes a bit more spicy, The PA is more clean and refreshing. And there is less grapefruit notes to me than the PA for some reason, even though they are both finished with cascade. Plus theres a .3% ABV difference

I'm going to go find this and check it out if it's $2 cheaper than the original. Around here, that beer has been about $14.99 a 12-pack. Can't afford that! (SN is one of the reasons I got into homebrewing!!!)

i think its only cheaper because its a seasonal for fall and on its way out- but it is nice to have a great beer besides original SNPA and Fat Tire that i can get in twelvers

I picked up a 12 pack of SNAA over the holidays. I was intending to buy the Celebration Ale but saw Anniversary on sale. Wow - am I glad I tried this! :ban: I love IPAs and this is spot on! It's not as full bodied as the Celebration Ale but more hoppy and brighter than SNPA. I had to rush back to the package store to buy a couple more 12 packs before they ran out! I'll be hiding this one from guests so I can enjoy it until it's gone! :D

Back