SB 2183 passed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's awesome. Is it 100% Passed now or does it still need to get through the House? Congrats either way!

My understanding is that the House will vote on this later today. If it passes, it will become law if the governor does not veto it (which he did not do for bill last year raising the allowable ABV to about 10%).

Did I hear right that you have to have a permit still to brew? You just don't have to pony up the $10k for the permit?

barrooze said:
Did I hear right that you have to have a permit still to brew? You just don't have to pony up the $10k for the permit?

No. Right now you can technically homebrew if you get a permit from Feds and state. This bill removes that requirement.

The sponsors positioned the bill as removing regulations, permits, etc because that sells with the majority, anti big government republicans.

liquiditynerd said:
i think it just needs the Govs sig now. Welcome to post prohibition, lol

That's right. The governor can sign it, not sign it, or veto it. It had 2/3 majority in both houses so veto is not likely. If he chooses not to sign (but not veto) it will still become law.

Back