Gotta Go!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Petho

Reaction score
I am moving to a new place and of course now I need to move my kegs and cooler. It is a deep freezer with 4 korney kegs in it and temp controller.
My question is, how do I go about moving the kegs? Will the temperature change ( its hot out ) or all of the sloshing ruin the beer?

Has anyone had to move a kegger yet?

Thanks!

I moved mine a few months back, not as big, only two kegs but also moved my ferm fridge where I store "ready" beers and It was fine, no problems but than again I only moved about an hour away. I would imagine that you would be fine, if you can keep the kegs in the cabin of yer vehicle with the ac on maby? as far as the sloshing just let them sit for a few hours in the keggerator when you get there and they should settle back down and be clear. I moved my keggerator and kegs the day before the move so they where cold and settled for when I got done moving ha..ha.. that probably didn't help you at all but good luck any how and let us know how you did it and your success!

As long as they are carbonated and the keg seals are fine then you can move them wherever you want in whatever temp you want. You should give them time to settle out again once you put them back in the keg fridge but other than that they will be fine.

Even if the seals are dicey this is no big deal. The beer is carbed, and if you're not sticking the poor kegs in an actual moving van for a cross-country trip, the worst that could happen (ruling out actual breached kegs) is you have to put them back on gas while you cool them down to serving temperature.

Otherwise, to make the best of the situation, if this is a "local" move I would move the keezer and kegs last...

Cheers!

Moved mine from Wisconsin to Florida, 12 years ago, did keg to keg transfer to leave behind sediment use to do this after kegs sat cold and on co2 now we cold crash. Sorry reminiscing, last thing on the moving truck was the fridge loaded kegs into strapped shut. Stopped for some rest in Georgia, tapped a few still cold, arrived at Apt. first thing off and plugged in. 38 hours later temp was 56* was 38* when we left 42* by the time we unloaded. Will do this again if we move.

Back