You tube how to's-

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomHanx

Reaction score
What's a good start to finish "all grain" (*being the key word)brew video. There are multiple videos on the different stages of brewing, extracts, or how to make certain equipment etc.
But I want a video that shows step 1 to step completed to help me understand all this a little better. I did a search on you tube and on this site prior to posting so no one thinks I'm being lazy and just asking. A few of the ones I found that are kind of helpful are posted below....

The Alton Brown ones- which i understand have been criticized to death here.

*The one linked in this thread
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/i-found-ag-video-series-youtube-125728/

Is there any others someone would recommend for someone who's done about 3 hours of research in one day on the subject?

Last edited by a moderator:
Whatever you do, if you see any howto videos on youtube.com from someone who calls himself "TakeSomeAdvice" stay clear of them. Wait till you have enough knowledge to know that this guy's videos are wrong in so many ways. After you've got an understanding of what needs to be done, go ahead and watch them, but if only for comedic relief!

Whatever you do, if you see any howto videos on youtube.com from someone who calls himself "TakeSomeAdvice" stay clear of them. Wait till you have enough knowledge to know that this guy's videos are wrong in so many ways. After you've got an understanding of what needs to be done, go ahead and watch them, but if only for comedic relief!

TakeSomeAdvice :ban:

TomHanx, I live near you. You should come by one weekend and watch the process.

Basic Brewing has a DVD. Not sure if they have anything online, but the DVD is not too expensive and from what I've read covers the basics pretty good.

Didn't Bobby_M have a bunch of videos too? on youtube under Bobby_NJ or something?

I have two different all grain brew sessions up and I'm in the middle of a more " concept-oriented" series also. See below.

Thanks man. I'm watching it now... was a little worried when I saw NJ in your Youtube handle but so far so good.

Haha. ok i'll have to check it out and see why everyone steerin' me clear

I really thought this series was the best. http://www.youtube.com/user/chrisknight000
One of the vids didn't work, don't remember which one, but it was a critical one unfortunately.

HELL YES IT WAS! That was the first one that I watched from start to finish and it's video number 4 won't work. At least it won't work on my iphone. I can't watch youtube at work on my computer. I think video 4 was making the mash... i dont know. i had to watch another couple of videos to get an idea of what was missing. dumping the 165 degree water (or w/e you need it to be) to the wheat/oats and stirring it up. good series but was mad about that one video

I just brewed my second all grain batch and have found Bobby_M's videos invaluable, not only in terms of the brewing process, but for learning how to use Beertools Pro, and a bunch of other stuff. I also liked the Chris Knight videos.

There are a couple videos called From Grain to Glass by JoePolvino that I found helpful also. Aside from the ones that talk about the All-Grain process, he's got one on making a yeast starter.

I have two different all grain brew sessions up and I'm in the middle of a more " concept-oriented" series also. See below.

when's video #4 coming out?...
I think I've watched your first 3 at least a couple times now.

I'm working on it. I actually have to travel for work next week but I was thinking about bringing my camera with me to do it there. I picked up a Canon T2i and finally set it up last night to see how the video looks.

I'm working on it. I actually have to travel for work next week but I was thinking about bringing my camera with me to do it there. I picked up a Canon T2i and finally set it up last night to see how the video looks.

Awesome, can't wait. Only speaking from my point of view so I maybe off base- but I appreciate you breaking down the science of it more so than just the "Do this, do that". Perfect intermediate videos!

By the way- I'm assuming the answer is yes but just to be certain I assume you brew for a living or some professional capacity?

:mug::mug:Yay! Ready for another one. I enjoy your videos.

Awesome, can't wait. Only speaking from my point of view so I maybe off base- but I appreciate you breaking down the science of it more so than just the "Do this, do that". Perfect intermediate videos!

By the way- I'm assuming the answer is yes but just to be certain I assume you brew for a living or some professional capacity?

No way. I'd never brew for a living as it would ruin my enjoyment of it. I sit at a desk all day.

Latest posts

Back