Anchor summer beer clone recipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Butcher

Reaction score
Anyone got this? I looked around and couldn't find anything. I would prefer an extract recipe but I can convert an all grain recipe with Beersmith. Thanks!

Just look for a California common recipe. Anchor Steam is the style, so every good Cali common is pretty much trying to clone anchor steam.

Of the top of my head (literally)

7lbs 2-row
1oz Munich
10oz Crystal 40
10oz Crystal 80

1oz Northern Brewer @ 60min
0.5oz NB @15
0.5oz NB @5
0.5oz NB @0
Dry hop with 0.5oz NB

Wyeast 2112/WLP810 - this is critical, you have to use this yeast strain.

Every clone, is going to be VERY close to that. Lots of crystal, 100% northern brewer hops , and 2112/WLP007 yeast.

If anyone would have a good idea what kind and how much of extracts to use and the yeast that would be helpful. I don't care about what kind of hops to use because I think it would taste even better with some really citrusy hops.

It's an American Wheat beer according to BA. I think it is 50/50 wheat/barely and it would be fermented with a clean yeast.

Ya, all the info i can give you is what's on their website. It's an American wheat. Somewhere between 60/40 Wheat/2-row to 40/60 Wheat/2-row. Not sure on the specialty grains. Yeast says clean ale yeast, so WLP001 comes to mind.

Anyone got this? I looked around and couldn't find anything. I would prefer an extract recipe but I can convert an all grain recipe with Beersmith. Thanks!

How did this turnout? Plan on brewing it this weekend as a gift for Father's Day.

I'm pretty confident I got the grain bill down. Just have to deconstruct with the knowledge that the ABV is 4.5% and that half the bill is wheat. Just curious about the hop additions.

Back