Rusty Carboy Brush???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scripts

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to start brewing a Porter sometime today and I just noticed that my carboy brush from AHS is developing rust in some spots. Is it safe to use or garbage? Any way to safely neutralize the rust without using harsh chemicals?

You still use a carboy brush?

Since I discovered oxyclean, I let the bubbles do the scrubbing for me...that and a jet carboy rinser is all I've ever needed.

washerbottlebrass.jpg

You still use a carboy brush?

Since I discovered oxyclean, I let the bubbles do the scrubbing for me...that and a jet carboy rinser is all I've ever needed.

washerbottlebrass.jpg

Ha, I found the bristles on one of my brushes had been crushed the other day and got all worried. Then I thought to myself, "You know, I don't think I've ever actually used this thing!"

I'd say you are fine because you are going to follow up your wash with a good sanitation. Its no worse than any other crud that could find its way into your carboy.

Back