Burner for 10G Batches ...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ardonthorn5

Reaction score
So I'm slowly upgrading to a 10 gallon system and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on burners. I'm contemplating building a brewstand. Any help would be appreciated.

a propane turkey fryer is the best option....they usually have pegs that are pointing up that help keep the kettle that comes with it from going anywhere...i just took them off with a grinder and it fits any kettle now

I've been very happy with the Blichmann Burners, but if you are on a budget a Banjo burner would suffice also.

Thanks for the input all. I've been eying the Blichmann. A few weeks of OT and i'll be able to get one.

My new rig has pair of low pressure 6" burners. One from Agri-Supply and one from Propane King. They both worked very nicely, today.

image.jpg

nice set up ian! not to high jack the thread, can i ask why you went with all the vessels on the same level instead of hot liquor tank at the highest point that pours into the cooler that pours into the brew kettle?

We got one of the Bayou Classic banjo burners with stand... we've been amazed at the raw output of it, as well as the efficiency. Blows the dinky little turkey fryer away. We do 12gal boils all the time... don't go through cans like we feel we ought to, for the staggering amount of beer we've been making.

It's truly amazing how quick it can bring 10 gal to boil. Kinda gotta keep a close eye on it to avoid overshooting, especially for mash-in water...

nice set up ian! not to high jack the thread, can i ask why you went with all the vessels on the same level instead of hot liquor tank at the highest point that pours into the cooler that pours into the brew kettle?
Probably using a pump...

I use the bayou classic sq14. Does the job well and the stand is strong enough to hold a full keggle.

Back