Craigslist find

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pcooper1989

Reaction score
Looking to make a biab system and wondering what size pot this is. I am going to check it out tomorrow. Any ideas? Does it look familiar?

Thanks in advance

image-2204420764.jpg

I called the woman selling it and she said she had no idea what size. She also said it is aluminum. The price is the deciding factor, only 19 bucks ( gonna try at 15.) I am just unsure if it will be big enough for for biab. What is the min size people have used? If it is 7.5 or 8, will it be large enough to hold 10 lbs of grain?

Thanks again. Sorry if these are dumb questions.

Looks my turkey fryer. it should be 30qts -32qts or 7.5 gallons.

Agreed, 7-8 gallons.

Looks like Aluminium, are you OK with that?

I'm more than OK with aluminum, works great!

I called the woman selling it and she said she had no idea what size. She also said it is aluminum. The price is the deciding factor, only 19 bucks ( gonna try at 15.) I am just unsure if it will be big enough for for biab. What is the min size people have used? If it is 7.5 or 8, will it be large enough to hold 10 lbs of grain?

Thanks again. Sorry if these are dumb questions.

No dumb questions here!

Frome here..."Can I mash It" section,

http://www.rackers.org/calcs.shtml

10 lbs of grain and 20 qts ( 5 gal) water yields 5.8 gal mash volume at 2qt/lb mash thickness (20qts/10lbs). So yes you can mash 10 lbs easily.

With a smaller pot you may be pressed to do a full volume BIAB, but you can easily remove the bag and dunk sparge in another pot or a bucket, then combine the runnings in your boil kettle.

While a 10 gallon pot might be better / easier, that pot is worth 15-20 bucks all day long IMHO, cheers!

Just bought it and took it home. It held 7 gallons. Maybe too small for some biab recipes but will work for full boils for sure

Back